Tuesday, May 13, 2008

busy

oooh, I've been so busy -- I did a bitof voluntary work at B's school this week. Only 4 hours in the classroom, but I had to spend a good while preparing the text and resources, so it kept me off the streets.

We've also been having a new landscape project done in the back-garden, which is nearly finished: photos SOON

My mate mand got married this weekend. It was a really lovely do. The service was in the Town Hall in Manchester, a very fine building with lovely high ceilings and long stained glass windows. Sadly I cant find any sites with good pics of the interior, but you can follow the link for a few images.

Mand and Pete had written their own vows as well, which was good. Then we all had a short stroll across town to the Dukes 92 ~ a bar-restaurant by the canal, where we had a lovely "sunday lunch". The room they had is virtually all glass on two sides, with great views out over the canla basin, creating a marvellous sense of space inside.

Mand looked marvellous and I am so happy for her. She is so delighted with her new life... I did a "best-woman" speech that went down well, no doubt thanks to my impeccable planning! haha
Sadly I don't think I got any decent photos of us together, but I will download later and have a look!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Hope you are feeling cheerful & well. Hopefully this lovely sunshine will make a difference. Hope your garden is all you want it to be.

Also hope your health is good & that any tests or check-ups bring a positive result. Take care.
Love. Cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Babes - good news about Stoke! I only found out when I looked at the blog, shows how much I follow the footie! Nice to hear about Mandy's wedding too - what a lovely thing to attend. I am pretty overwhelmed at the mo - going round the sixth form colleges of the north saying, 'gis uz a job'. No luck far, though I was on a short list of four out of forty for a job at Greenhead...... Lx

Handyman Alexandria said...

Thanks for the poost