Friday, October 03, 2008

live your life


"live your life" (regulars will recognise that as my oncologist's favourite mantra ...)


I'll be seeing him later this month, and I think you also know that I'm dreading the scan next week, basically fearing the loss of the life I've only just got back,


SO I am really tring to hold onto the notion that we (ALL) only live one second at a time .. and we have to make every effort to just enjoy what we are doing, whatever it is ..


Following this train of thought, I took my eternity ring into the jewellers for re-sizing yesterday. She was really reluctant to do it cos I am still losing weight, and it will need to be done again ..


Well the ring is literally cutting my finger, being so loose and BIG and heavy as it swings about, it actually isn't fun to wear it ... so, I either can't wear it or I can get it fixed .. why put the ring in a box? Why not do what I can to enjoy it now? especially since B bought if for me after my diagnosis ...


The jeweller really didn't understand but I reckon this is a typical cancer patient's way of thinking, isn't it? ... she was thinking it was a waste of money, no doubt, and I could get it done when I've reached my target weight .. haha




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Cousin Pauline here. Not been on your blogg thing for a while so a bit of catching up to do.
I understand your anxieties & double feelings of possitive sitting alongside what if's, regarding scan results.
Well I do hope all is well. That goes without saying.

If you feel you need the ring altering, so what, you know what you want.

As far as the holiday goes, there is always a chance of a late booking somewhere. At least when you book you will be feeling positive & can enjoy the holiday.

You know yourself what is best for you.
There is no more you could have possibly done to bring about good health.

Love to B & all family.
Just read where your mum, Pauline ended up in A&E. Hope all is well now. Hope cousin Fred is well also.

Lots of love from me, Pauline & Craig has also asked to me to send his greetings too.
Take care. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

no question about it get the ring shrunk, scar tissue could increase the girth of your finger so maybe you could go with saving a few pounds and letting the cutting edge do the rest - but really. Some times!!
Julie

Anonymous said...

no question about it get the ring shrunk, scar tissue could increase the girth of your finger so maybe you could go with saving a few pounds and letting the cutting edge do the rest - but really. Some times!!
Julie