Thursday, April 10, 2008

delay

hi

sorry for dilatory catch-up since we got back from France. We've been madly busy both at work and socially ... the highlights:
holiday was fine, gite was really lovely and the area is marvellous, but on the down side is was very cold weather (same as in UK) and I had a bit of a flu thing :(

Thursday, we got back and had a few cocktails in kent with B's grandad and then later with her mum and her husband who was celebrating his birthday, so that was lovely

We spent Friday exploring Dungeness and Rye (lovely place) and bobbed into see B's sister en route through London

Then trogged back home to monumental unpacking (we never travel light - the customs man pulled us over to see what piles of stuff we'd got, somewhat in disbelief that two women away for ten days could need so much - I'm sure he thought we'd got a couple of refugees tucked under the blankets!)

I've actully been into work every day this week (typical stupid part-timer behaviour.)

Went to see Stoke get beaten by Palace on Monday night.

Forced a few more cocktails down ourselves in celebration of two years of our civil partnership on Tuesday (with our lovely mates Mr K and Sam)

Couldn't face (yes you heard, couldn't face) more cocktails last night, but selflessly mixed a few for B and Kasia to celebrate K's birthday.

Today, I've waited in this afternoon for a plumber who's not come cos he's got personal problems .. so have I .. my loo is not flushing!

AND I also signed a contract for two UPVC back doors -- which I'm writing here before I tell Brigid (gulp)

AND in between times, I am trying to get the holiday photos edited so I can share them, AND catch up with 2 million on-line mates as well. Oh, and had a good chat with my line-manager about my contract for next year, which college is being very obliging about ...

SO

I'm so happy to be home, really smiley happy ... :)

oh yeah, and best of all I am just totally delighted to find out that I can access the OED at home if I join my local library, thus accessing the best book in the world for free instead of £2oo a year! YAY - I'll be off to the library to re-join tomorrow ...
http://www.oed.com/about/
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya

thanks for the tip about the OED, the link worked fine.

Seems we would have seen some goals at the Ricoh arena.

Anyway, great nattering with you t'other day.

X X X X X

suze said...

yeah, shame we missed seeing that - but it was the right decision, we couldn't have cheered Stoke goals in with the Cov fans!

Anonymous said...

Nice to read your comments again Sue, I've been missing them Julie