Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pottermouth

-- I dont tend to go on about it in here, but I am both a lass from Stoke on Trent and a bit of a football fan ...

Now, Stoke City FC are teetering on the verge of promotion to the Premiership, and me n the missis have been going to a few games and getting all excited with the rest of the fans round here .. ... ... ... and it's a great diversion from the serious stuff we're dealing with this week ...

I heard on Radio 5 that a local poet had penned a little ditty to encourage "our boys" .... apparently he left his poem as a voicemail on the local Radio Station .. and as is the way with these things, someone else has caught the sound bite, added a few images and popped it on to YouTube .

It might not be your sort of thing, but this amuses me, and his accent and dialect is very much my heritage .. and actually all the things he mentions are my heritage too .. and it's so funny and really ratehr touching to hear it strung together in this way ..

Ladies and Gentlemen -- I give you, our very own Stokey legend ---

Pottermouth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6RaGvGCdI&feature=related


:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic

X

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, not sure what language it was but it felt honest, julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Hope you're watching Premiership football next year - I think you've got an extremely good chance as the two teams left to play are battling relegation. Everyone here is thinking of you and wishing you well.

Simeon

suze said...

look at my sister - in denial about her family tree, again!

Ps - cheers simeon - would you be someone I know (like CF's son) or a random football fan browsing blog land ... ?

Anonymous said...

I am but a distant southern fruit plucked at a suitably early age from that there northern twang land

Anonymous said...

The 'real' Simeon is indeed CF's son, not a 'southern fruit', more a Welsh Rarebit :)

suze said...

haha- simeon - i think you'll have to leave the title welsh rarebit for your mum!