Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Liverpool

Have passport, will travel. YAY!

Spent the day in Liverpool today, waiting for my new passport so I can go away in 2 weeks time! ( Check out my "take heart" blog for the way that struck me.)

Liverpool looks very "glamorous" in the city centre these days, and the lambananas all over the place added a smile to the whole enterprise.

I had been very nervy about driving into the city and finding the Passport Office, etc for a 9.30 a.m. appointment, but I managed it. I got up at 5.30 to give myself plenty of time in the morning, and only had four public-loo calls while I was out .. not too bad at all! It was a good chance to test the theory that I CAN travel and I was pleased with it.

We're also sticking well to the eating plan. Baked trout for tea, baked Greek-style with onion and tomatoes and herbs, with aspargasus and broccoli on the side .. lovely!

I am totally whacked out now - fell asleep in the chair for ages this evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue just read your blog,your tea was nearly as nice as ours, we had gammon which I boiled then new spuds and green beans and carrots, then we had a pack of melon chunks out of the chill fridge they sell in Tesco, we had just a bit of yogurt with them.
Well you seem to be coping O k with everything just make sure you dont over do it.
Toby was in a music concert on Sat. and everyone was very impressed with his piano paying, and on Sun. Joe was in a gym contest and he won a gold medal, and is the top gymnast for his age in this area.
Bye for now lots of love L M xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze,

Have just checked in on your blog after a while away and am chuffed to read you're doing well after the op. I'm really impressed at your courage to go abroad for a holiday. Very brave. In fact, I'm really impressed all round with you, your outlook, positive approach and can get quite choked reading your words, especially that take heart stuff. It's a privilege to know you.

Blimey, what's come over me - getting all emotional like that. I must be menopausal.
Have a great time away. Looking forward to the pic blog already.

Venita xx

suze said...

haha - oh Venita, that is a sweet post - get your patches topped up immediately, or better still, neck some progesterone, nothing quite like it for resurrecting a grump and concealing a soft-heart!