Sunday, July 06, 2008

By popular demand

Good Morning, Margaret, 'ey up Ali, and a general big hello to anyone else at college who still bobs into the blog ...

Actually, things are already massively better --- I have been able to control myself much better already and I started to go into work lasts week. I have done loads with Stewart towards polishing up our act for the new term, new syllabus .. which was great ..

I'm still officially "off-sick" but have worked a lot at home and bobbed into college three times. It feels better than having a huge gap to Sept. By then it will have been two whole years faffing about with this disease .. I got my diagnosis at the beginnning of Sept 2006. Hopefully this is the end of it.

I can't quite believe it, but on the basis that I can now generally manage a few hours away from a quick loo call I've booked us a two week holiday in Croatia -- WOOOOH!!!
it looks like a nice sunny place where we can really stop, and enjoy relaxing and getting strong again.

Towards getting strong, I am eating the Super Foods diet plan for a healthy digestive system ... it is a challenge of massive amounts of chopping and raw veg and salads, but it seems to be working really well, and I feel great on it -- plus there is some sign of the three stone I've put on in two years actually shifting a bit .. which always feels good ...

P.S. -- one of my mates said yesterday that I am the fattest cancer patient she's ever seen! She's got a point!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue. Glad you are feeling better. The holiday sounds good.

Also, it seems the diet is suiting you then. It is hard to give up foods you like but if you are feeling fitter & loosing weight it can only be good.
Take care. Love to you & yours.
Cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better and Croatia sounds a great venue. Wouldn't mind more info on your Super Foods Plan.Our bowels ( Sabeel's , mine and Aanisah's ) have taken a hammering over the past few days and I've never felt so ill - whether a virus or food poisoning I don't know but it has made me think I want to turn over a new leaf re. health and eating. Is there a website I could visit ?

suze said...

hi cathy - I'll bring my book in to work next week - if you are there on thursday? It's a lot of fruit and veg, basically, not much meat well no meat and a small amount of chicken and fish ... and not taking carbs at each meal -- It's quite labour intensive with all the chopping and thenthe chewing of it ... but where I really like being on the plan, cos I have time to do it ... just taking some tips from it might be more use for you and the kids

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanx. This week's Grazia has an article on cancer-proofing one's life written by a guy called Dr David Servan -Schreiber who has survived brain cancer after being given 6mths to live 15 years ago. He recoomends cutting out sugar and white flour ( which he claims fules the growth of cancer ) and omega - 6 produce ie. meat and eggs from corn fed animals ( which he claims promotes inflammation - the root cause of cancer ).

suze said...

well this diet does all of that, and includes the rainbow of fruit, veg and nuts and seeds that give you a range of trace nutrients

on the other hand, the biggest factor in cancer for young-ish ppl is genes ... if you are pre-disposed then your chances of getting cancer are higher .. I used to eat very well and exercise regularly, but it cant stop everything ..

and if your genes aren't pre-disposed you can do the things you're supposed not to do and still not get cancer -- hence eveyone knows an old geezer who's smoked all his life and still plugging on ...

Anonymous said...

Suze,

It's great to hear you're on the mend and getting back to more normal toilet habits. Keep going forward,
Moley

suze said...

hey moley - I've not heard what your new treatment is? erm perhaps I'll email you!

Anonymous said...

Who said you were the fattest cancer patient ever? How very insensitive! :-)

Mwah.

J x

suze said...

haha - if the cap fits!

Anonymous said...

What ho Suzi!
I hope Croatia goes well. Just think of it as practice for coming to China. A 13-hour flight, spicy food, trekking the Wall and squat toilets are just the kind of challenges you need!
Deep peace.
Scott
PS I swear to god that the word verification i have to put in here to leave this comment spells WIT JISM. Excellent.