Thursday, June 26, 2008

As predicted

This is proving pretty dull .. tho at least I have got over the fear that I will always be house-bound by my erratic new-bowel function .... it is a lot less painful already and the sense of urgency is, well, less "urgent" now .... adn I think I will be able to manage life outside these four walls again at some point ...

But it is far from "normal". I am still going to the loo about 14 times a day .. and there haven't been two days the same so far ... sometimes the loo-run is concentrated into a spell of two or three hours, sometimes it is spread out at hourly intervals ...

sometimes I'm trapped in there in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the night sometimes I go quite a while with no action ...

Still not even a month on from the op, and it IS a great relief that I do feel as though I've got a bit of control ever it ... but yup, it is DULL!

We can't plan anything much yet .. which is a torment with the summer just around the corner - but travel is still an impossibilty with things the way they are just yet ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a drag that you can't travel yet but very clever of you to make sure that you have such a lovely garden so enjoy it while you're you're under house arrest. Hang in there - you'll both be off somewhere exotic before you know it. (Like my house? lol)


J x

Anonymous said...

Yes I can understand that trapped feeling. I guess it is the era for falling in love with your garden & home. I must say it is a lovely garden & home, so that's a bonus.
I feel sure that travel is only around the corner.

Anyway, keep smiling.
Lots of love. Cousin Pauline. xxx

suze said...

cheers you two -- yup, I do like my house and garden, tis true

and I am already starting to think maybe I can conttol it enough to risk some travel soon!

Anonymous said...

Stoke on Trent station and back?

Anonymous said...

Can empathise as Sabeel has a bug at the minute which has him more on the toilet than off it. We can't go far and do feel somewhat trapped. Driving back from Bury was a nightmare which I won't go into except it makes you painfully ( in Sabeel's case literally painfully ) aware of how few toilet stops there are on the M60 - M62- M6 ) Hope you and Sabeel have a comfortable night and the scope to get out and about again soon.