Thursday, June 12, 2008

Toilet Towers

OK, don't worry -- I'm not going to record every detail of this process, suffice to say that it is not very easy, and I am already bored of it!

It was better at the start of the week, when the sun was shining and I could at least sit out in between the toilet-treks... now it's less attractive, though I did manage an hour at Trentham after I went to get my stitches removed, which was good.

Sometimes there are quite long periods of internal inactivity .. the problem is the bursts of activity are unpredictable and last for two or more hours .... which is the fact that keeps me close to home and fearful even when I am out.

What's good is that when it's OK it feels pretty OK - my tummy isn't too sore after the op and my general health is pretty good ... in particular I am much less weary than when I was house-bound with the chemo for most of last year .. but then I'm not actually making any demands on my body or brain yet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi suze,

Just dropping in to say I'm still reading and following progress, and pleased to see you have managed to get away from the house for a little bit.

You show huge amounts of courage and cheerfulness throughout this whole journey, truly indomitable. Thank you for being so inspiring to all of us who read these pages!

best wishes to you and B,

Anne guppy xx

Anonymous said...

I am sort of smiling - because this is a good thing, the reversal - and grimacing - because it is clearly painful and slow. I do wish you the best and hope the better days come ever closer together. XXX Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, So glad to see you did manage a little break to Trentham Gardens. If you coped with it so early on after the op., then it is looking positive.
Obviously you are limited with your social trips out & you will get fed up with that. But I am glad you are improving & hope the long hard road doesn't swomp you too much. Keep smiling! Lots of love to you & yours. Cousin Pauline. xxxx

Liz Kirby said...

Hi Honey
I dont usually make any demands on my brain or body either, so keep up the good work I say! Lets hope the good weather holds up ok.
love to you and B
Lx

suze said...

haha - I don't think that is true about you not making demands on your mind, at least!