Thursday, June 19, 2008

Legitimate theft.

Here's another joke -- though far from funny

Actually I am hopping mad today reading about those Tory MPS ~~ Mr and Mrs Winterton (who used to be my MPs when I lived Cheshire way) --> and they are getting away with a "legitimate" swindle of 130,000 quid on their "allowances" .. which just makes me squeal with indignation .

While out here in the real world the Job Centre Plus is referring my overpayment of benefits to "debt managment" for the mighty sum of 300 quid .. and when the overpayment is cleared my incapacity benefit is going to be a whopping 84 quid a week .. ooh, how would the Wintertons mange their personal budget on that, I wonder?

I cant, really, find the words to express my hatred and contempt for all the MPs who cheerfully exploit the MP's allowances system, and that pretty posing pair, in particular, make me heave ....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/jun/19/conservatives.houseofcommons

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, what a load of self-servers.

Pity the pay and perks don't actually depend on a job well done.

It's annoying!

X X X X X

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue just a quickie, hope you are feeling O K .today.
Done a bit more gardening today,and Dad cut the lawns, now we have loads of bags for the tip.
Dads just making a cup of tea, hes watching Doc Martin when the adverts go off.
Have you managed to get to Trentham again this week,or have you been out in the garden.
Must say the few days at Hollinhurst farm were really lovely,last week made it better with the sun shining.
Will ring tomorrow Bye for now L M xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

£84 a week Incapacity Benefit !!! Thank goodness you have Brigid's salary coming in . How on earth do people cope who are on their own ? Sure my mate got more when off work with depression.

suze said...

cathy - ppl might be able to get more benefit if they can get means tested benefits, mine is purely an NI contributions based entitlement (cos I have both savings and a partner with income that puts us outside means-tested limits.)

No-one can get as rich on the state-benefits as MPs --> it would take 30 years to get £130,000 @ £84 a week!

Anonymous said...

Don't let those scum bags wind you up. There will always be people like that around . Stories like that sadly cease to shock me . They can't take their money with them and money can't buy happiness or love . Some people have been outraged by the extravagance of Wayne and Coleen's wedding. Ordinary people are feeling the pinch and resentment of the super rich and the tax fiddlers is growing .

suze said...

Yes - but I feel like I KNOW these two and they are they type to be the first to begrudge benefits to mere mortals. AND it is their arrogance that amazes me -- that their particular benefit swindle is so off the scale in enormity, and if you read what Mrs W thinks it's "how dare those upstarts challenge us?"

grrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Wendy Alexander? Peter Hain? Lord Levy? Ken Purchase?

They're all at it - it's not just Tories

Anonymous said...

Hi. Not been on here for a while. I can't print my thoughts on these matters I'm afraid. As far as making poverty history, the truth is that poverty is alive & well. As is, the balance of income between diff people very unproportionate. That's all I dare say really.

Anyway, Sue, hope you are not stressing about it too much. Survival is an art.

Lots of love.
Cousin Pauline. xx