Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hospital again!

Hopefully for the last time tomorrow. (Monday 2nd June)

I am quite chilled about it, and have been rooting out dresses and tidying up my bookshelves so that I can be assured of something comfy to wear and easy access to books I want to read when I get home.

I had a look at my x-ray last week, not a thing I usually do, I don't much care to see my innards in any format ... but this time I had a look. I can report that my lower bowel looks like a bit of old rope and the bit where Mrs Hall stapled it together is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL! When I queried her opinion that this was actually big enough to work again, she assured me that it was fine. It didn't look fine to me, so maybe I'll go back to the old formula of not looking at x-rays in the future.

I will also be sparing my readers any close ups of my post-op belly, but anyone who wants to see pictures like that .. you will be able to find them ~ cos a couple of ppl I know who have had this ileostomy reversal have posted their photos!

I should be on-line while I'm inside, and hopefully not too groggy to function after the first day or two. Lots of love

Suze
xxxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Susan,

I know the next few weeks are going to be a trial, but can be sure you will cope. Why? Because you always cope, of course.

I liked your article in The Sentinel, though wouldn't have recognised you from the photo! On which point, I think your garden also looks even better for real than it seems from the photos. We are all looking forward to spending good times out there with you and Brigid.

PS Luke's strawberries are doing well.


X X X X X

Anonymous said...

Best of luck -- I hope it all goes to plan! Will be thinking of you.

Love

Greg x

Anonymous said...

will be thinking of you tomorrow, Suze... hope it all goes smooth as butter and you heal fast and are up and around again....

me in the airport in Toronto... heading home for one day before i head out again to... Toronto....

But I am coming back from Manitoba with a D.Lit. (hon.), so can't complain!

cheers to you and love to you and B. too!

xo erin

Anonymous said...

Only read the blog today - June 6th! Hadn't realised the op was so soon, so am thinking of you and wishing you: good luck, good luck, good luck!Liked your moment of fame in The Sentinel and the photos of the revamped garden. Have been more or less permanently in mine - taming nature - ha, ha! Celia F.
P.S. Wasn't it great re. Celia F. - college showing sense at last - it couln't have happened to a nicer and more capable person.

Anonymous said...

Please read Celia D. for Celia F. in my P.S. - really, I am not into being narcissistic!!! CF