Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to work, proper-like

I am really enjoying my new timetable. It's enough to do for me, and it's engaging, without taking over my whole life 24/7 like it used to. I'm loving the opportunity to be back there, and the team is HUGE now, with MEN!! What's the world coming to, eh?

I guess the pleasure I'm getting from being back is making me feel more apprehensive than I have before about the tests and scans I need to have next month. I now have a really strong feelng that I DON'T want to lose this comfort again ..where as when I was IN treatment, there was more a sense of resignation, that that was what I was used to, my norm, I guess.

I've achieved my main objective today, which was to get Dr A's agreement that I need a CT scan next month ..well he doesn't "agree" that I need it -- with his magical x-ray eyes he knows it will be alright .. but to set my mind at rest he is going to order a scan for me ... a date with Huw. This might seem contradictory, to what I wrote above ... but Dr A's opinion twelvemonths ago, that there was a "high risk of secondaries in the first year after treatment" is still not far from my thoughts. I want the re-assurance of a proper look He was planning bloods alone, and I didn't think that was going to calm me down .. my cancer never particularly showed in my blood in the first place! Having got the CT scan pencilled in makes me feel calmer, for now at least!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have arranged a 'belt and braces' approach. A feeling of calm surely is better than being stressed out. Love from Aunty Barbara

suze said...

Hi barbara, yes I really would have just felt too worried at this point. Most of the ppl I've met on line etc with advance bowel cancer are back in treatment for secondaries .. so it's a real enough prospect. When are you getting your treatment, btw?

Anonymous said...

finally catching up with blogs! just saw all your pictures! they are great and you both look very radiant and content on them!
phone line is still down but thank god it does not affect the internet! I am not working! promise!:-)
Kasia

ps. hope your tummy was ok after curry on friday! really enjoyed the evening!xx

suze said...

cheers kasia -- and yes I was fine after the curry, and also enjoyed our night out! will get you on FB later ..