Sunday, March 14, 2010

Caked out

We went to London and it seems all we did was eat cake!
We had a couple of little pastries at our hotel breakfast on Saturday: Crown Moran Hotel

We had coffee and biscuit in Covent Garden: up in the air in Chez Gerard with great views out over the Market.

We had mint tea and mini baclavas in a place called the Souk. It was very cosy in the cellar with Arabian drapes and brasslamps.

We had florentine and tea in a French Patisserie: Maison Bertaux

We had chocolate ice creams and sauce from the Haagen Dazs place in Leicester Square.


I won't be able to blame my chemo for my weight gain this week, will I?


In fact, eating cakes is not all we did, cos we had lovely times with Jean, Kt, Jean's mum, and B's sister, Alice ...


And we saw Priscilla, which we thoroughly enjoyed in a high-camp, high-pop, high-kicking-dance sort of way. We had great seats so we could really enjoy the costumes and make-up ... BUT we really thought Jason Donovan was pretty poor as both singer and dancer, luckily the rest of the cast are better than him!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well who was eating out posh then, all sounds very nice. Hope you feel a bit better tomorow when you go for your next chemo. I went for my blood test early this morning, it was so nice we went to Bridport we were there before 9-30.I popped round the shops left D in the square, we had a coffee then went down to West Bay to see the sea, it was just like summer.Going to watch Corrie now so Bye lots of love L M.xxxxx

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh cake heaven, drooling at the though....good on you, treats must be the order of the day at all times
love
Rosy

Anonymous said...

When I saw him on TV he looked bored and bloated, I guess it must be hard to walk away from the pay cheques, Julie

Jean said...

This is no place for pedantry, I know but you appear to have missed out the cakes at Chez Jean!