Friday, May 21, 2010

Warm at last!

Aint this weather great?

I've eaten out on the terrace of the Trentham Italian restaurant (Terrazzo del Giardino) three times in a week! B and I went at the weekend, then I went with Celia F for lunch on Tuesday and we took Andy there last night. It is such a treat to sit out and eat there. Very quiet, calm, warm and surrounded by old trees, birds, the heady scents of gernaiums in warmed terracttoa pots, and garlic mingling on the air. It really feels like being on holiday, but only 15 minutes from home!

I had a lovely day in Cannon Hill Park with Jan yesterday too. Birmingham offers a range of treats. In deference to my tired condition we settled for coffee, cookies and ice-cream partaken between slow ambles around the lakes and gardens here, rather than our usual tussle with the City Centre.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Gosh 3 times in a week! It must be good.
What lovely weather here in Stoke-on-Trent. Think summer is here at last.
Speaking of eating out, I had a family meal at Hollybush in Stockton Brooke the other lunch-time (Thurs I think) & it was really nice. Craig enjoyed it too.
Well I hope you are feeling well & up-beat Sue. Love to you & yours. Cousin Pauline. xx

cathy said...

hi.very poetic description of Trentham gardens. It's good that people can access all that lovliness without having the hassle of plane travel and a crippling exchange rate.

Sabeel is very drained and has been headachey. trying to get him to drink more.He's going to the loo alot less but when he does go , the stools are still not healthy.Took a sample into lab yesterday. Going to take the advice of the second doctor and wait it out rather than treat with steroids.if it gets worse , we'll push for the tests .my feeling is it's a stubborn virus and I hope I'm right.

on a happier note - thinking about summer hols. Motorhome mag had an article about a van trip through France . Andy said you knew Annecy well . Would you recommend that area? It sounds nice - on a Swiss border.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I like the picture was that taken at Trentham or Birmingham.
Went to Wey. yesterday gosh it was very busy the beach was packed,lots of people in the sea.
Stayed in today did a bit of cleaning and ironing.
Hope Julie didnt get to hot doing her race for life today, also hope the boys got off O K.to Cornwall on the all sports holiday with their school.
All the best for your last week of chemo. on Tuesday will be thinking about you. Take care love to both of you L M. xxxxxxx

suze said...

hiya mum - that is a picture of Brum, tho I didnt take it ..

I'm going in on Wes this week.

suze said...

Poe - I like that pub at Stockon Brook too ...