Monday, April 16, 2007

Radio prog

Radio two has a prog about chemo on today.

The woman from Cnacer Bacup just said, yes it's true that 1 in 3 of us will get cancer now, but 80% of these will be "cured" or have the disease as a chronic condition which gets treatment, settles down, flares up and gets treated again. She compared that to living with asthma ..

That's interesting.

They aren't saying much that I dont already know but they are emphasising the progress that has been made in treating cancer and especially the nausea control with chemo now being so much better.

There was a lovely young girl on who has written a book for children called "Chemotherapy, cakes and cancer" and mention of site just for young ppl with cancer .. sounds like time to update my links list .. though I may have forgotten how to .. !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a useful link. I hope Brigid's return to work has gone alright. Love you both, Julie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

(Plus I just fancied being in here alone with the witty sister. Heh.)

Jean xx

Kate said...

I'm glad you got to listen to it. I was just on my way out when it started and thought it might be of some comfort, even if it wasn't new information.

xx

Anonymous said...

thank you Jean but as my older sister always goes to great efforts to point out - I'm not ACTUALLY witty, I just think I am

Anonymous said...

Lol. As I think you're ACTUALLY witty, does that make me you? If so, I think it's probably best to let the boys know sooner rather than later.

suze said...

jean - keep your hands off my (witty or otherwise) sister .. !!!!