Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wow

Cheers!
(scroll down for recently added pics!)


The hotel we booked near Conwy was brilliant.

We had stunning views from a huge private lounge with balcony in addition to a comfy bedroom and swish bathroom. The weather made it all the better and this was a lovely break. We celebrated B's birthday in top-style, and wonder where we can go next that can match it for peace and beauty ...




We went to Bodnant Gardens twice (marvellous, but new batteries in camera went FLAT so no pics .. )
We met up with Mr K and his beau for drinks on Saturday .... and saw Aunty Barb and Cliff at their caravan on our way home ...



Modelling one of the tops I bought for her birthday



She doesn't look a day over 40 does she?

hehe

More Pics of the room and the views:




You can see the scale of the lounge from these two pics



Mr K in pensive mood



Close up of B's birthday bouquet


Interior courtyard of hotel

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice view.

Scenery aint too bad either. ;o)

suze said...

eh - don't be cheeky you!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't possibly mean me.

Anonymous said...

You both look so beautiful and relaxed, glad it went so well love Julie

Anonymous said...

You were right. That sky is amazing, especially with the mountain backdrop. I've just been transfixed with the third photo for quite some time. Enough to warrant questioning by the guys at work anyway. Majestic.

I'm so glad it was exactly as you'd hoped, it makes it all worth while.

Liz Kirby said...

Fantastic - I cant see the castle, but that must be because you were living in it!
(have you told T and J how many denarii?!?!) Liz x

suze said...

@ Liz - haha - it was more of a palace than a castle! We could see the castle, indeed, but it blends into the hillside and didn't photgraph well from our balcony!

Anonymous said...

hi, fantastic views! great place!
thanks for great night! But I still feel full from all this turkish food!

suze said...

haha
hi kasia - yes it was a good night, just a pity we got trapped by the fruit cascade! Matt and Mike are SO funny, yet in qutie different ways

ohh - I'll see if I can find that invite to Jame's for you
xxx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B! Cor, wot a stunna! :)

That bouquet is perfectly lovely. *high five with Sam*

I realised quite how like my mother I've become when I caught myself examining the room pics with such avid interest! I'm so pleased you two gorgeous indomitables had such a lovely time.

xx

Anonymous said...

*High Five* Good on you Jean, for a second there I was starting to think I'd made some sort of wholly inappropriate comment. (And if you believe that.......) *Teethy-grin*

Hope you've had a WONDERFUL Birthday B.

Lots of love to you both.

xxxx