Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

AGAIN

these things come around, don't they? This time last year it wasn't at all sure that I'd get to this one, so it seems extra special to be celebrating now.

We had a lovely Christmas Eve mostly on our own, although John, the guy in our street who lost his wife to breast cancer earlier this year, came over for a cup of tea in the afternoon. Such a sad time of year, really for so many people it is a reminder of what they have lost as well as what they have.

I always think of my grandad Toft at this time of year, when they used to have parties at "253" on Boxing day. He was a party animal. His daughter (aunty Barbara) told me the other day that he used to like making cocktails, which I didn't realise as a kid, but I am keeping on that family tradition! B and I had lemon drops for our treat last night, and a picnic of soked salmon blinis and asparagus and ham wraps .. lovely jubbly.

Later today we are toddling to Manchester and the lovely James will wine and dine us in traditional style and that will be lovely with several other friends there. B and I are very lucky.

I hope you all have a great time at Christmas, and spend the year carrying out the message of love and peace that Jesus brought to the world.

With Love

xxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of love to both of you. Have a nice time with James.
Sang to you on the phone this morning We wish you a merry Christmas.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO BOTH OF YOU LM and DAD xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to you & B. Lots of love. xx

Actually you mentioned your grandad's (My uncle Harry's)parties & cocktails. Well I did go to one of the parties once with mother,(when?)& it was great.

Speaking of cocktails reminds me of sommat. My mum used to make her own ginger beer, Xmas-time, when I was very young. I don't have the recipe. I did look.

Anyway, lots of love from cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi its Thursday Dads not feeling to good hes gone to lie on the bed, I will make a drink when Ive finished this.
We had a loveley Day at Julies on Christmas day as usual Julie pulled out all the stops for a delicious dinner that was enjoyed by all.
Hope you got back O K Bye for now L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Don't you remember Grandad had a cocktail cabinet (before they were retro)Julie