Saturday, February 16, 2008

1/2 term






Edited to add the pics - two mad women and a flavour of the decor in the room we had ....

Well after a WHOLE five weeks back at (sort of) work I get the feeling of a proper holiday, as a break from work. And didn't we do well? The weather this past week has been amazing, and we sat at the top of the Great Orme (which I had miraculously scaled under my own steam this time) and literally basked in the sunshine and still air. We had marvellous clear views out over the coast all round and further into the mountains beyond.. lovely

See, life is full of these moments when you just think it doesn't get any better than this.

We started to try and book again for B's birthday, the bank holiday in May, but is turns out Llnadudno has a "Victorian Extravaganza" time that very weekend, which might be a case of things not getting much worse than that, heaving with funfairs and massive crowds, so we are looking around for a Plan B ... !

It is sunny again today, tho bitterly cold, and we will be off on our bikes in the Peaks ...

... with the new camera we just bought, but that I've not really got my head around using yet.

It is a fuji finepix with lots of optical zoom (x18) so good for nature shots, I think .. I'm slowly working my way through the manual, which is surprisingly well written, but still too much to take in at a time.

Sorry I've been a bit poor at updating this lately .. but a steady string of things are OK would be boring, eh!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you climbing up the Orme.
Yesterday I said it wasnt frosty but today its white white white.
Going to take Julies ccard down in a little while when Ive sorted out the dishes in the washer.
Bye for now L M xxxx

suze said...

oh aye - happy birthday julie, hope my card arrived!

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit.

Well done getting up the Orme, it is a steep slog, but worth it. Easy to imagine you feeling happy there.

Also, happy birthday to Julie from me. I am the lucky one, I have TWO great sisters to be proud of.

X X X

Anonymous said...

hey s, it is great to see your updatese here and pics!

xo
erĂ­n in montreal

suze said...

gosh you were quick with that erin - even as I do the update!

suze said...

B wants it known that we look so MAD in those pics cos we were playing with the new camera ..

**shrugs** might be true, might be that we're both just mad!

Anonymous said...

I favour the latter.

Meanwhile, does the Great Orme not have a lift these days?

suze said...

there is a tram which is fun - but it doesnt even run in winter - starts again in March

Anonymous said...

Looks as if you had a great time.

Things are Ok is not boring it is what we all hope to hear Miss!

Hugs Helen n Roxy XX

PS Yes, you do both look slightly mad ,,,