Saturday, February 13, 2010

newsy suzy

I have been quite busy, lately, haha! It was great to have B's brother over here the last time I was inside, and we are both really grateful that he could make the trip, and bring lovely gifts too .. we just ate the last of the luxury chocs today, out on our ride .. notice that? B makes me save chocs for bike rides, so now you know why I cycle so often!



I've been good about going to my gym since my last stay in hospital - I even went spinning the day after I got out, that's keen, innit? In fact I DIDN'T go this Friday Yesterday) too tired after another one of those loo-bound nights ... but we made up for it with nearly 30 miles of real canal and roads today, we went over to Rode Hall to see the snowdrop Gardens.
























This wasn't our first snowdrop garden, we went over to Upton Hall last Sunday, and also walked around Carsington Water, which was lovely too ... This involved another pub lunch, hot on the heels of the day before when we'd done 14 miles around the Tissington Trail .. rounded it off with sandwich and chips ... no wonder I don't lose any weight with all these pub meals ...



I saw Mr Woolf this week, we went round the lake together and had lunch in the caff there ... so even more calories.



And what hope for this weekend / 1/2 term break? ... since we'll be out for three nights with a la carte dining in Llandudno. Good job we are taking the bikes to keep moving or those stones would be piling back on!





I am coming back from Llandudno and straight into hospital, without even coming home .. which will be a bit weird. The day's been changed to Weds this time, so I can have a scan on Thursday and results while I'm still there on Friday. I have taken on board Mandy's comment that "this scan is to see what PROGRESS we are making".

Indeed.

I will update you on that next Saturday, I guess.



Hope those of you that are in education have a good 1/2 term, we are excited about having a little break and I've got B a lot of little Valentines gifts to add to the excitement.



(¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´
** º ♥`•.¸.•´ ♥ º *

Valentines Kisses to y'all

xxxxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have certainly been busy! i was wondering how you were with no updates here! :-)
Rode Hall - I remember it - we went with Kasia and it was full of bluebells! :-)
Hope you have great and relaxing time in Llandudno and hope to catch up with you on your return!
Lots of love to you and B! Kasia
XXX

suze said...

yes, we had a liovely day out and it is worth going to see the snowdrops too!

will try to phone you soon, kasia! xxxxx

Mark said...

You have been very active. You will be in great shape in time for summer in Provence.

What time should we arrive this Thursday?

PS. Couldn't help feeling Stoke should have won against Man City in the FA. Maybe they still will. Isn't the replay on Thursday?

See you soon

Mark
x x x x x

suze said...

hiya -- I'm getting a scan at abut 1.30 so if you get there about 11 you can go off for lunch while I get the medical stuff or come after 2 .. up to you, really

and yes, we thougth stoke did really well

they've got man city in the league tonight and the replay will be next week, I think.

Cathy said...

you sound fighting fit Susan. The snowdrop pics put me in the mood for rooting out the National Trust card and paying a visit to some illustrious old pile. Best wishes with the scan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Yes best wishes for the scan. Hope the chemo stuff is not too unpleasant for you. Hope you feel well & positive.

Love from cousin Pauline. xx

suze said...

cathy, both the snowdrop places we went to are private, Upton Hall and Rode Hall, so your NTcard wont help you there .. but i think they let little kids in free so it might not be too dear for you anyrate ...