Monday, June 11, 2007

conwy update made with

morning.

Conwy was grand - the weather an absolute treat and the room as luxurious as before, though actually a different suite, this time with the bedroom having an estuary view as well as the lounge bit ...

I was poorly on Sunday. I had absolutely no energy, kept dozing off on the way home and didn't want to eat much (which of course is a very rare symptom for me, and thus quite alarming!) My temperature had crept up to 38 as well, which is quite a jump on my normal temperature. We decided to pop into the hospital on the way past cos I am petrified of the danger of septicemia. The doctor there gave me a once over and phoned my consultant to check what to do with me.

The decision was: to take a blood culture, give me antibiotics and tell me to come back if my symptoms worsened. They've not called me back, so I assume the blood culture didn't show anything too alarming.

I was so tired when we got in that I went to bed and never even logged onto the computer, which is almost as shocking as me not eating much ..

Anyway, I passed a feverish night but feel a lot more alert this morning and temp has gone back to normal zone, so fingeres crossed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten fingers, ten toes and a leg crossed here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze

Delightful news re the scan, just what the doctor ordered.
As you know, I've trod this journey, and it can be full of peaks and troughs,twists and turns,usually when you least expect it.... like today probably!,and its sometimes hard, even when news is good to be upbeat and feel well...you are on your way....
Good to talk to you

Jan xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your body and energy levels took a nose dive, but given the emotional build up regarding the scan I guess it's not overly surprising. Bit like many teachers being ill at 1/2 term hey?
You are a star Suzie and you'll ride this rollercoaster.

suze said...

yeah - it could be the emotional drop after the scan ..

at a conscious level I hadn't even thought about the significance of the scan, not until the day before, which B finds amazing as it has been on her mind for a while ... but I suppose it was there in the background ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Glad you had good holiday & lovely weather.

It spooked me to read you'd been poorly & your fear of sept.,(can't even type the word, soz) but you really are coping so well.

I feel so confident you will win this battle & I know many people are praying for you. I certainly am.

I sometimes crack a joke to ward away stress. I've told God in my prayers that he'd better get you better as he owes me a favour for all the times I've behaved myself. Haha.

As God & his son, Jesus, know everything, they know I have a wacky sense-of-humour. I do the serious prayer stuff too. In other words, all the stops are pulled out.

Take care of yourself & hope to see you soon.

Lots of love. Cousin Pauline Poe. xx

Anonymous said...

Sue its 9- 30 just tried to get you on the phone got cut off. Hope you are feeling better today, and are able to get to the hospital for your next lot of chemo.
Its very warm here but a bit grey wont bother us much we will be puting on the gloss paint today in the bedroom so wont be going to Weymouth.
Susan we love you lots and hope this bug buggers of fast take care L M xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

Good photos with good memories - love to you both - John xx

(P.S. - found a large(ish) iron pyrite ammonite (try saying that after a glass of wine) at Seatown beach on Saturday to add to the collection, which Joe will enjoy showing you both next time you are down!) xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Hope you are better. I've tried to post a pic on here from bucket cite but it failed.

I've had a busy day already. Craig's bike let him down 2day going to college so he ended up going by taxi. His dad will bring him home in his car at 4p.m.

I've been shopping & made fone calls.
Of-course it's raining 'cats & dogs' as the saying goes.

Anyway, I'll go for now & just wish you well.
Take care. Love. Cousin Poe. xx