Monday, June 04, 2007

back to work ...

.... for some of you.. but not me!

We had a great break in Lyme, I tended to spend extra hours each morning in bed, while B bobbed about running up cliff-fronts and along the Cobb. I dunno if it it real exhaustion or just habit and laziness (as a certain caring sharing sister erm, "hinted" !)

We met up with the aforementioned sister and her men-folk most days and had some good meals and chats together, which was lovely. I also saw mum and dad a couple of times and detoured off for lunch with my internet mate in Bristol on the way home.

Today has been a bit busy. Our stupid freezer had been open while we were away and filled up with ice and frost so it needed de-frosting. I had to put on my silk gloves and rubber gloves to protect myself from the cold in order to do it today. It proper wore me out.

Then I had a lovely visit from MORE internet pals, Glossy and her missis, in town on tour with the Opera, *dahling* .. oh it sounds glam doesn't it? I hope to see Glo again as she is here all week.

Hospital Dates and other stuff
NOTE NOW CHANGED - red colour shows latest update 17th June
As far as I know I've got this schedule:

Weds 6th June - minor op to insert the Hickman line for future admin of chemo
Thurs 7th June - CAT scan (trying not to think about this - scared that there might be more tumours growing in me)

Friday - buzzing off for another weekend in Conwy! YAY - NICE - and this DID happen!

Tues 12 - Fri 15th June ~ back INSIDE chemo, 7/12 NOT DONE DUE TO INFECTION

week 18th - 22nd June ~ Home Alone, open to offers - BACK IN FOR 7th LOT OF CHEMO

Tues 26th - Fri 30th ~ back INSIDE chemo, 8/12 PROBABLY GETTING NEW HICKMAN LINE

week 2nd -6 July ~ Home Alone and still open to offers BACK IN FOR 8th CHEMO

And so on ....... alternate weeks for the next two months .... blood counts permitting!

Tho there will be less of the home alone in August cos B will be on holidays too !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, It b cousin Pauline here. So glad you had a great time for half-term. I been 4 a swim 2day at Quality hotel. It's only 1mth mem., so it ends on 20th. Swimming is tipped as best exercise.
I've bought cooker, table + chairs from a chef friend/work coll.,so I was here when Ian & James delivered the goods.
This is my 1st chance on p.c. as Craig has been home all day. He's been on the p.c. all day & only stopped 4 food & now there's a thing on telly.
These study leave times at coll., mean play time 4 a lot of kids & most def., my son, Craig.
As he has an exam 2morrow & Tue., I hope 2 have a bit of time on p.c.
I will spend some time on diff., cites in the morrow.
I've never done a great deal on p.c. but I find I want 2 spend more time on it now so Craig & I are competing now for cybertime. Haha.
If I could afford it I would get a 2nd p.c. or laptop. Maybe in the future? Who knows?
It's a fact that yesterday's luxury is todays need. Things just evolve.
The same goes 4 mobile fones,don't you think?
We all wonder how we coped b4 their invention.
I've had to learn not to need a car so ofcourse it can b done.
Anyway, I am working on poetry so I guess I'll send u one very soon.
Gosh, what a full time-table u have. When will I see you I wonder? Hope it not b too long.
For now I'll just say,take care & lots of love to you & yours. Also hope your family are well too.
Pauline (Poe) xx

Anonymous said...

Book me in for the week beginning June 18th - preferably the Tuesday am or pm or could do the Thursday morning. Glad to hear you had a good half term with the Irish lieutenant, your woman!Celia F.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze

Jan on t'internet in the library!!

Hope you get a smooth insertion tomorrow!

Cant find the board at all Grr..

Speak to you soon xx

Anonymous said...

Wednesday 13th - check. :)

xx

suze said...

jan - nxt time in the library, get a hotmail address in the and email me at nattaunter@hotmail.com and I'll copy you the address .. it's the easiest way .. ps.. I dont have a phone number for you or I'd call you!

Anonymous said...

Hi again Sue,
Good luck for 2mirra! I'm sure you'll b just fine.
I'm off now on 'other' sites while Craig watches telly a bit.
Take care. Love. Cousin Poe. x