Wednesday, July 04, 2007

At home

It is slightly strange being here when I expected to be in the hospital this week. Andy came to visit at usual on a Tuesday, but it is the first time we've been in the house together for months, cos he usually sees me wired up to the drip.

We were talking about the Tour de France and the Gormley show being in London and Andy was encouraging me to go down, and I said I just can't.

I think seeing me at home, or hearing me talk about weekend breaks gives a false impression of my capabilities at the moment. In reality we walked to the post box and back and I was breathless .. my tiredness is through the floor at the moment. Being driven to a seaside hotel and lounging around for a weekend is one thing. Coping with bustle of a city centre, walking more than 1/2 a mile and the general lack of hygeine out and about in London put any ideas of such jaunts firmly on the back-burner!

I am getting excited about the Tour though, and would really LOVE to go and see the prologue down in London ... well, the telly will suffice! Especially if it's still raining! I'm going to see if our newsagent can get L'Equipe (the French sports newspaper) for me for the next three weeks. I'm not optimistic though, it taxes his resources having to get The Guardian for me!

10 comments:

Ruby Mac said...

Hi Pet, sorry to hear you are feeling so tired. The trouble is if you put on a brave face all the time and appear "normal" folks actually believe you, just shows how good an actress you are.

Just do what you can and be good to yourself.

Re L'Equipe surely they are online oh techie Queen!

Hugs Ruby n Roxy XX

suze said...

hi

yes you have a point there - i guess I am jsut reminding ppl that cos I seem "ok" doesn't mean I'm not affected by these drugs!

as for l'Equipe on line, aye - it probably is, but when we're in France we get it and I read bits to B so it's a kind of familiar ritual thing ... and you can't beat the actual having the real thing in your hand! .. I pay seven quite a week for the Grauniad and it's nearly all available on line!

Ruby Mac said...

Yes, I do understand, probably more than you realise.

I am astounded that your newspapers are so expensive, does the paperboy have a golden bicycle?

Although I do have to admit to playing the Times and Telegraph off against each other in order to get the money off vouchers for paper deliveries lol

Take care jolie Madame

Rubeeee et Roxeeee XX

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan just had another trip down to Weymouth, Dad got a new pair of trousers and a new belt to put on them.
just got in when the heavens opened, now its sunny.
Yes everyone who sees you say doesnt she look well,so yes you are a good actress.
Just going to Tesco for the local paper only 32 pence a bit cheap by your standards.
Bye for now L M xxxxx.

suze said...

Hi mum - well I'm not really ACTING - I DO feel OK a lot of the time - but, erm LIMITED is the word, I guess! not enough to moan about but not well enough to do much either!

Anonymous said...

L'equipe's website is http://www.lequipe.fr/

Enjoy!

Hugs from the Big Softie at 6th Form.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Soz you are so tired. I guess rest is the best medicine tog., with laughter as things are. What with the weather as well, I guess home is the best place to be, between hospital sessions, that is.

I bet you love your p.c. when you are not sleeping 'eh?
Remember, those days b4 telly?

Actually, when Craig was a little boy I didn't have a telly for a while. I used to read to him every night & he loved it. We used to play games & do things tog.,
He read books & stuff. He won't bother now, 'cept college stuff 'cos he be a real cyber-babe. Spends hours on it.
The only reason I'm on now is because he's gone to bed with a headache & fell asleep. I'm doing a little p.c. sneakey. Haha.

He has been to London 2day with college trip to museum. Back at 6.p.m. quite early.

Well Sue, Take care now. Lots of love to you & yours

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Just noticed I didn't sign above. Guess you knew it was cousin Poe. Hope you feel well 2day. It very windy here. Trees blowing. Take care. Love. cousin Poe xx

Anonymous said...

Only just read this.

I think its a partly wishful/positive thinking most of the time. As you do seem OK most of the time, we just sort of presume (read: hope) that you are. Anyways, you do exactly as much as you want to/can do and we'll all be perfectly content with that.

So I'll put the Triathalon on hold for a week or so then?

xx

Anonymous said...

Get the dioralyte ready for Thursday if you would please...


Jan xxxxx