Friday, July 20, 2007

home 8



Have had a more than usually sleepy time in hospital this week ..but alleviated by some good visits ....

Aunty B did her usual tour of duty and took me in on Tuesday. Then Mr K came over in the evening..

On Weds, Mandy came for lunch, followed by Sam in the evening..
Matt came by on Thurs, but it was perhaps as well Liz was too ill to come in the afternoon, as I was very sleepy and hardly stirred all day, and for the first time during chemo I didn't even get showered / dressed .. *eek*..

Celia D picked me up this morning and spent a couple of hours here - this weather is tedious in the extreme .. I feel like a prisoner with it, really ....

Next chemo will now be in three weeks time, due to Dr A being away. He is also starting to think a three week cycle might be best for the last few treatments since my white cells went so low last time...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Glad you are home safely & can have 3 weeks off. Hope you keep cheerful.
I've had 2 offers of going out on Sunday. Don't know if I'll go anywhere or not. There is a Laurel & Hardy event at Churnet Valley Railway with L&H film on the train. I would have to be ther for 9.30a.m. though, if possible. I also could go out with friends on an afternoon trip to Manchester.
Oh I am lucky!
I may not have enough cash to spare so I will have to wait & see.

Anyway, take care & love to you & yours. Cousin Poe. xx

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, hon. Three weeks must feel a bit like a reprieve or is it, perhaps, a mixed blessing?

Anyway - enjoy your time outta chemo clink.

Love to you and B, as always.

Jean xxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome home suze, thinking of you lots. xx
anneinbristol

suze said...

hi - it's alwasy good to have time not in hospital, esp as B's off on hols now -- so we can have a better greak together! YAY

Anonymous said...

Off to Malta tomorrow. Back on the 31st. Hope to see you in first few days of August. Love to you both. Thanks for being such a good friend.

Matt xxxxxxxxxx

suze said...

hey Matt - hopeyou get some sunshine to enjoy

get in touch when you get back .. sending lots of love ot both of you
xxxxx

avid said...

good to see you back, and PLEASE don't be persuaded into cute fluffy bunnies or I'm off elsewhere!

I hope you manage some quality recovery time over the next three weeks (and that we get some sun to help you along)

Anonymous said...

Sue got your message on the answer phone, we were in Weymouth this morning, would have stayed for the afternoon but it was pouring down.We had a nice warm sunny day yesterday went to Poole sat on the front 2 hours then went on the ferry to swanage for lunch and sat on the prom. for 2 or 3 hours.
Julie rang wondered if you were O K. said it was beautiful at Lyme R. they were waiting to see the Red Arrows,I thought she was ringing to say they were home because it was so wet.
Have a nice time in Wales in the readers digest this week it says get plenty of sun light for it helps to produce vitamin D in the body which is good for bone density and helps to disperse cancer cells,so I do hope the sun shines on you both.Take care love you lots L M xxxxx

suze said...

hi mum -that's as good a reason as any to wish for sun!