Monday, July 02, 2007

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh

This chemo business is SO frustrating.

I've just been told I can't go in this week cos my white blood count is too low .. which in itself I sort of cheer about, cos going in to hospital is never great (even tho they ARE lovely there ...)

BUT - it means the two hotels we booked for the weekends when I am "off" the chemo may now fall on the weekends when I am ON chemo and I will be feeling shite cos I just got out of hospital..

BUT then again they might not, cos we can't be sure I'll be well enough to have the treatment next week anyway .. and I dunno yet, whether he wants me to try again next week or whether I can just plan on another two week break and keep my holiday plans ...

Oh it is frustrating ..

But then, this is part of what cancer does. It robs you of any sense of certainty. This thing now is just how I feel most of the time, sort of in a microcosm of the whole thing .. always uncertain!

Honest to god there is tippex nearly an inch thick on my calander, as the chemo dates have been on / off this month so many times!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry not to have seen you and B. at Ann's party . Celia F was there looking resplendant in purple departmental velvets but I didn't notice her shoes. Andy and David were there too. They gave me a lift back and came in so Andy could apologise to Masoud for perching his beer cans too close to the edge of the kitchen unit tops ( they had fallen on M's head whilst he was cooking ; needless to say , he was cross , felt an apology was owed and got one ) It was a very pleasant evening at Ann's but you were missed. Now the chemo's off this week , wonder if u'd be up to C. Bell's meal on Wed. Mind u , she's been ill too so perhaps it will be called off and I do appreciate that going out is tiring.Do let me know if you'd like more reading material .

Love Cathy xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Try to keep cheerful. I guess the hymn 'One day at a time sweet Jesus' springs to mind.

If you need any visits this week let me know. I'm always a bit wary of your tiredness & hospital routines so I never know when to ask?

Anyway, take care. Lots of love. cousin Poe. xx

avid said...

sending you hugs

Jane

Ruby Mac said...

It is very frustrating not to be in control of your life especially for a Virgo!!

Keeping everything crossed here for a better wbc

Ruby n Roxy XX

Anonymous said...

Bah! and Boo! to cancer! Hugs as well ...
anneinbristol x

Anonymous said...

Time to put your foot (beautifully shoe-ed of course... is that a word?) down with a firm hand and stick to your plans. Don't let matters medical rule you, YOU are in charge :-)

Hugs from the Big Softie at Sixth Form.

Anonymous said...

Sue here I go again after doing a big blog and then somehow knocking it off yesterday.then I got you on the phone so that was better.
Its a bit sunny today so are thinking of a trip out, Dads just having a shower,so will decide where to go later.
We are both thinking about you all the time just wish we lived a bit nearer so I could nip in and do some ironing ect.
Bye for now lots of love L M xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Now hold on Mum, I know Sue's needs may be greater at the moment than they are usually - however rashly offering ironing etc (and I can only guess at what that 'etc'covers) is beyond the call of duty. No Mum, the only ironing you need to fret over is that which is presently overwhelming my utility room. Good now that is sorted I can move on. So sorry the chemo has been delayed and all the plans chipped and changed accordingy, what a pain. Love you both.

suze said...

hi Julie

hahaha - I knew that'd rattle YOUR cage!

In fact plans are not changed, this time, cos he said have two weeks off, so I'm back in at same time as pre-arranged .. so holiday bookings will not be buggered (yet,anywayh!)

any news on when you might be able to pop this way?

Anonymous said...

I'll phone tonight and arrange a date, time runs away with me. Sorry you know you are in my thoughts but my time management is pants