Friday, November 16, 2007

rehab

phew - this doing things is really tiring .. I saw my nana on Tues for her 93rd birthday. It was a substantial drive for me, on the motorway and I was glad to stop over in Coventry with my brother and family rather than do the drive back all in one day.

Had a nice time with them, and got hooked on Luke's Play Station FIFA game... haha! never played anything like that before .. I don't really NEED more time-wasting gadgets in my life, but I think B would enjoy the football one too!

I went to Sheffield Uni yesterday, also a long drive, but not so stressful cos the weather was lovely and scenery on that "over the Peaks" route via Monyash, and Bakewell is really stunning and made me very happy. While I was there I learnt about UCAS applications for English courses, and I think this is the first totally work-based thing I've done in ages. Enjoyed it.

I am very tired though. I guess it's a bit frustrating now, where I feel quite a lot better but I'm not really better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke will be happy if you get Brigid a PS3 and Fifa 2008, but will we ever get him home from Stoke? I don't see it as a time wasting gadget, just a very entertaining game. Plus, the only chance some teams have of winning anything!

Seeing you here was priceless. I will remember your hug for ever.

X X X X X

Anonymous said...

HI we set of on the bus to Weymouth because it was sunny here, it was raining at W. so we got on the jurasic bus.We went the seinic rout to Bridport and had a pie sitting in the square.They had a junk market we strolled round the stalls, then went to the bus station to catch the 31 bus home, it was raining a bit on the way home, and its gone colder.
Rang you on Tuesday to give you Anns phone number so she would bring your Nan home.didnt ring to early in case you were in the shower,no use leaving a message if you had set off.
Bye for now L M xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely to get caught up again on your blog. The caravan season is more or less over and already I'm feeling 'winter blues'. I'll try to contact you next week for a chin wag. LOL Aunty B

Anonymous said...

That sounds tiring to me and I'm fit and well - two trips and a visit to Nana. Just Nana would be a weeks work for some.