Saturday, December 12, 2009

Visitors

A slight change from the usual crowd this week:

one loss adjuster,
two sexy Celias,
three carpet fitters
four feisty cleaners
five delivery guys,
and an engine load of firemen

Crikey!

The Celias were obviously the high spot of this melody ..

Celia F knows how to do lunch - we'd already arranged that she would come over on Tuesday and she generally brings food with her, when she comes. I called her on Monday and alerted her to the severe kitchen crisis: nothing daunted she shifted her food plans.

She swept in here on Tuesday with a big flask of home-made soup, some chunky ham rolls and individual ramekins of apricot and brandy trifle. Plus the cakes and mince-pies in a tin as well! Awesome, as I'd say if I was American ..

The trifles looked amazing, heaped high with whipped cream and toasted almonds, the miracle was that they'd travelled at all, but Celia has a knack with packing as well as cuisine! The brandy in the trifles was my first drop of alcohol for 18 months: surprised I wasn't tipsy!

Thanks Celia.

And progress in the kitchen means it is all clean, the new flooring is down and the cooker is plumbed in .. so if you don't look up and see the smoke damaged ceiling, or spot the singed work-surface you'd just think I had a very clean kitchen!

6 comments:

Kasia said...

good to know that the kitchen is sorted! well, kind of...but I think it was an interesting diversion to your normal week!:-)
Can we have some pictures please?

I'm at Kasia's and she agrees with the advice you are giving other people and of course sends her love to you and B! I am joining her in that! :-) Kasia & Kasia xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow well done and the food sounds fab too.
Jan xxxx

saffron sparkles said...

sounds yummy xx
hope you are having a lovely day together xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the singing Food Critic write up! I enjoyed our time together so much, I forgot the bread book - I'll try to remember it next time.Glad you have a fully operational kitchen back.Enjoy any remaining cakes and I'll be thinking of you during the next session of chemo. CF X

suze said...

remaining cakes ? ? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just seen the pic of the burned cooker & I left a comment there.

Yes your kitchen is coming along nicely now.

Just hope the Insurence gets sorted soon.

Hope you are feeling well & positive.

Love. Cousin Pauline. xx