Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Phew

Good news all round. I feel better now. Vesuvius rumblings from belly have subsided and I don't feel too sick any more.

Even better: Dr Adab's ideas on the timings of the treatment were laughed out of court by the nurses, who have planned three week gaps so that hospital and patients alike can get a break over Christmas. This is great, means next chemo will be starting on 15th Dec, then off until the 5th Jan.

Even better better: I've been able to do walking or cycling most days, and am optimistic of sustaining my drive to keep moving more through this lot of treatment. The new regime hasn't made me feel any worse than the old one did ... well better, in fact, since the sore hands and feet scenario it taken out (Vesuvius belly isn't as bad as a trade-off!)

My ride today included bobbing into the college car-park to collect my bike lock. Tho I am too scared of germs to risk going in, there are always a few chaps loitering in the car-park to banter with ... :) guess who I saw?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news you can have lovely Christmas now. Hugs x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Yes good news indeed. You are such a brave person & your optimism & keep fit regime has paid dividends. And you really can have a lovely Christmas.

Lots of love, cousin Pauline. xx

Greg P said...

Mr Kettle is the sort of guy who I can imagine loitering in a car park!

Glad to hear you're feeling OK after the chemo, and that you'll be off over Christmas! I'll be up in Stafford again so maybe we can have a second attempt at meeting up, if you're at home...

Greg. xx

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good Suze, really pleased for you.

Vita xxx

B said...

Hello!

Cousin Po: hope you have managed to find all the episodes on the discs this time!

Greg: Lovely to hear from you.

Mr Kettle was not on the carpark today but not a bad guess.

We are planning to be at home over Christmas. It would be lovely to see you. Let us know which day suits you best and we shall plan our cycling around you.

Vita: Be good to meet you sometime soon

B said...

oh and I forgot to say........little brother where has your cheek gone?!

Cathy said...

so who was loitering on the car park and was it with intent?

suffering from mid-Decemberitis but my mum is arriving next week so that will perk me up.

Glad you are feeling active. will e-mail soon with latest gossip xxx

mark said...

Who's cheek? Mine?

well, I guess I've been sitting on it.

I was studying your fitness blog, and note your target is to be the same weight as me. Imagine if you end up even skinnier, has that ever happened in the last half century? Anyway you look great on THE bike. Pop in if you are passing.

Mark
x x x x x

Anonymous said...

hello! I am glad that everything is running how it should be at this stage! Thinking of you both! Lots of love! Kasia xxxx

suze said...

I think both our brothers are ckeeky - and you're both welcome, tho I guess B was chasing hers!

getting my weight under yours, Mark? ? ? seems unlikley, tho from what you were saying, you're doing your bit to come up to mine!!

suze said...

Cathy, I'm not revealling the identity of the car-park lurkers! It's obvously classified info, but it wasnt Mr K!

Anonymous said...

Wrap up warm, it is very cold out today.Hugs Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Hope you made it round the grounds without taking an unintentional dip in the lake given the ice, Julie

Anonymous said...

Would be good to meet you too B.
Vita
x

Cathy said...

talking of weight loss - trying too get Masoud to lose some. He's 14stone . haven't a clue what he should be at 5ft 11 and 43 years of age but it looks like he has surplus. Asked AK what he was as he is similiar height but looks slimmer and is fitter but he too is pushing 14 ! Can you think of a 40 something 6ft - ish man who looks the ideal shape who wouldn't be offended if asked his weight?