Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year II

I have mixed feelings about this New Year thingybob .. all the looking backwards, looking forwards .. it's not really a great thing for many of us to do, I reckon!

Anyway, leaving aside my reservations about the rigmarole attached to New Year conventions, I have adapted these thoughts from something one of my friends sent to me ..

I hope that in 2010 each and every one of you has:

  • Better health than you have had this year.
  • Better times than you have ever had.
  • More joys than sadnesses.
  • Regular satisfaction and pleasures from your daily routines.
  • The ability to be amazed by beauty and art.
  • A sense of appreciation for the good things in your life.
  • Ways to help, and to be helped by, your family and friends.
  • The privilege of being truly loved.

And I also hope that you'll all keep bobbing back in here to see me, and leave your comments, cos I like it!

6 comments:

Mum said...

Hi Sue, we have just had a chicken salad for dinner very nice to. Its a nice sunny day after very thick frost again. Went to the hospital for my blood test, then down to Aldi for some food.Got four tea shirts out of Matalan last of the big spenders me.No need to remind you that you have all our love at all times,well get through it all one way or another.Hope things go OK tomorrow with your next chemo. session will be thinking about you. lots of love Mum xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

really like your new year thoughts.....yes please to all of them for all of us.....will be keeping everything crossed for your chemo 2moro.....after the tinsel last time, how are you going to decorate the drip stand this time?.....hmmm i'm off to cogitate on disguises for drip trolleys....well they say it takes all sorts.....lots of love Rosy

suze said...

let me know if you come up with anything funky, Rosy!

Thanks mum, I know !

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I like the comments you have made. Much better than stop drinking, lose weight etc. Are your friends aware of how much you pack when you are away from home - we were considering changing the car for a bigger boot than the Toyota Avensis to accommodate your cases. If you insist on decorations I can just manage a couple of balloons. See you tomorrow. Love Aunty Barbara

Anonymous said...

These are lovely New Year thoughts, I agree they are nicer than the finger wagging orders we usually give ourselves!

Indeed, how will you decorate your drip stand? - I am thinking of sending you decorated luggage labels to attach, with lovely thoughts and glued on sequins. Reaching for the glue pot now :)

Lots of good wishes for the upcoming session

Anne guppy xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cousin Pauline here. Yes I do like the New Year thoughts. Much better than the usual stuff we hear about which tends not to last. I must also say Barbara's motives for swaping the car are great. Thanks for that cousin Barb.,(your aunty).

Good luck with the chemo Sue. Thinking of you. Lots of Love. Pauline. xx