Sunday, January 31, 2010

Busy

I've had a good week. Most pleasing is that I did plenty of exercise. I went to an aerobics class on Monday, a spinning class on Friday and a long walk up to Bagnall yesterday with Mark, Tracy and Luke. I tried hard to stick to my diet despite eating out a fair bit and seem to have lost a couple of pounds since Christmas.

I've seen a few other mates this week, including Woolfy, Mr K, Anne and Anna.

I also saw Kelvin and Mario at Sandra's funeral, which was hard. I am still reeling from the shock of Sandra's death, and then heard from another pal on line that his daughter's condition had deteriorated rapidly and she's died before Christmas, and another internet pal with advanced bowel cancer has had mets discovered in his brain. These are harsh realities of life with cancer and it is hard to absorb all of this and still keep my head in the sand about my own outlook .. really, not easy!

On a more mundane note, B has been proper poorly with a nasty virus this week. She took to her bed for hours on end every day. I hope she hasn't passed it on to me, as I feel a bit weedy now, but it is hard to say to what extent that is just how the chemo makes me feel anyway ? My mouth, nose and throat is generally a bit of a war zone, with raw skin and blood dripping every day, so it's possibly just that. And the low blood counts make me feel tired about now, too, I think.

I'm back inside on Tuesday, but there are visitors to look forward to, not least, B's brother will be here tomorrow and for a couple of nights. I've also got some pals from college coming in to see me, so I will be kept occupied, it seems.

We're also making progress with our holiday plans for the Summer. Dr Adab told me to go ahead and plan, so we are doing! Bad news and scarey prognosis pushed out of my mind and reliving the sun and cheery memories of Provence is pulled firmly forward.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are such beautiful pictures Sue. Sorry to hear that both of you are weaker than you would want to be. Sounds like the time with Mark, Tracy and Luke went well - and the pies sounded like an event to revisit. Love you Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I like your white and brown dress,and your skirt and top.The photos make you feel like summer is not far away, mind with you having snow at the weekend again I suppose we could get more snow in the next couple of weeks ugh. I didnt go out today to the shops, just stayed round home and tidied the front garden a bit,Im pleased to say the frosts not got to the spring bulbs. Just finished Tobys Simpson puzzle he loaned me it was quite hard with so many funny faces to find. Hope all goes well tomorrow lots of love to both of you L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Lovely pics & nice summery clothes. It does sort of make one think of summer.
Maybe going through winter makes summer all the more pleaurable?

I am sorry to hear how weak you both have been feeling. I hope you are both better & more up-beat now.

As far as jig-saw puzzles go, I have thought of buying one but never quite got round to it.
Not to worry as I have a pile of books anyway to read.

Hope you are feeling well. Love. Cousin Pauline. xx

Liz Kirby said...

We had some amazing winter sun here over the last few days - and a beautiful Horning Moon, full, bright and huge.... good to be thinking about hols, that is certainly a plan. I am off to Spain in May to dance and swim in a crystal clear lake! Sending love to both of you in all yr struggles honey. Lx

Anonymous said...

Sue just after I put the phone down this morning, your parcel arrived, I did not ring back as you were not very well. Just spoken to Julie we are going down tomorrow after school to see the birthday boys.Its a horrid day all wet so I will leave my trip tp Tesco till later hoping the rain goes off.Keep your peker up love you lots L M xxxxxxxxx

Cathy said...

The photos are lovely Susan and do put one in the mood for summer. I'm looking forward to Madeira at Easter and may well book a Cumbrian cottage for summer.Read a good bit of advice in a magazine the other day - you cant control the crap life throws at you but yiou can counter the crap by treating yourself well. a little indulgence every week and a big expensive indulgence twice a year is going to be my policy from now.Last weeks treat was the sauna , this Friday it's curling up with a great book - RAPTURE by Liz Jensen. Will phone soon about coming to visit. Hope you are comfortable and B is fit and well , not too drained by work - not long to half term now .