Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fine food

One thing about not being in chemo, I am generally able to appreciate the food here more than I usually can when I am in hospital.

Here at the BMI Alexandra in Manchester they have teamed up with a local chef Paul Heathcote, and it seems he really has influenced the food.  The meat specials at lunch and dinner are very "french" style and really VERY  good.  Last night, I fell with such vigour on the lovely little pink noisettes of lamb that I forgot to get a photo!  They also do lots of veg alternatives with spinach, mushrooms etc so good for building up strength again.

You can get this lovely fruit salad with every meal:


On Monday night I had this tray for my main meal:


The salad was definitely not something you'd want on chemo, blue cheese and perfectly ripe pear, but I loved it, served with rocket and finely sliced red cabbage.  The main dinner was a meltingly soft, slow roasted duck-leg with creamed cabbage and mash. 

I am eating some meat this week because I have been told that meat proteins support healing better than non-meat sources.

No comments: