Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home

I got out of hospital on Wednesday.  Must say the discharge process was lacking a certain urgency, and time was trickled through the system, but at last we got out and we went to Shaffers Indian Restaurant on the way back!

Enjoyed a good meal there then got home and settled down for a few more episodes of Downton Abbey.  I fear I might have nodded off through most of them  .... actually.

I am so much more comfy after this key-hole surgery than the whole abdominal incisions I've had before, so I was able to sleep in my own bed with no trouble at all.  Great.

On Thursday we did a little trip out to Trentham, as my surgeon's advice was to walk a lot ..
later that evening my sister arrived from Dorchester.

On Friday  there was some fun running by my relatives, but I just lazed around until they got back and we feasted on oatcakes from the Helen's shop.  Then we went to Trentham and walked around a fair bit. 





Later we bobbed to Hanley so B could progress her passport application and I got Tegaderm from Boots to patch up my dressing. A few successful purchases in TK Maxx made it a great day.



B rounded it all off with a lovely roasted leg of lamb, which she found slightly stressful since we are all out of the habit of cooking meat and the new cooker is still a novelty to us, but it was gorgeous.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comment about lamb tempted me to have it on Sunday and it was thoroughly enjoyable. You and Julie look really well in the photo. Aunty B

Loopy said...

Just caught up on latest. That fruit salad looks amazing. The volume of food I can eat at one sitting is about the size of half your salad. The portions you've photographed make me feel quite ill! So good going there, mind you I'm very immobile. I found the most painful part of my major surgery was the drain. Having it removed was awful. Worse still was the NG tube so it's great you've been eating so much.

All sounds very positive :o)

Best wishes

Lisa x

suze said...

Hiya Lisa ---
those portions would seem quite small to a not-ill person, the plates and bowls are not actually full-sized. I tended to save the fruit to graze on through the day, but yes, my appetite was not noticably dimmed at all .. it rarely is ..!

I hope you can get pleasure from what ever you are able to eat now. Do you stick to any of your regime now? I think you were very strict at one point?

I was more than glad to get rid of that drain, under the ribs is a tight spot to squeeze a thick pipe in. So far in this caper I have not had to have an NG tube ... thankful for small blessings, eh?

All the best wishes for you, my dear
xxxxx

Loopy said...

I enjoyed everything I had in the hospice, but with 3 courses not hard! Usually fresh home made soup or salad, like fig and goats cheese! I just have no hunger, rarely fancy anything but envoy it when I have it. I didn't eat meat but as a treat to myself not to be repeated outside, had bacon sandwiches sometimes for breakfast and once lamb meatballs which were were awful I just don't like meat. Chicken and fish, yes. I got soya milk for tea and cereal. But ate puddings (not on diet at all but will only be fed by chefs when in hospice and unsure how much difference I'm making). My body is much happier now my daily yoghurt is soya and the sugar load is reduced. Almost immediately bag settled, still minor bloating. I can't face juice even if someone does it for me, but have resorted to cartons. My one problem is whatever carers irritate or reheat has to take under 30 mins. Although there's nothing to stop Karys cooking and saving a decent meal to be reheated instead of a ready meal. Xx