Thursday, August 02, 2007

Creoso Cymru

We had a great WEEK away - courtesy of Dr A (my oncologist) having a holiday ~ I can't have treatment while he's away so I've had more time off!

We couldn't believe how lucky we dropped with the weather .. which has been glorious in Wales and it seems most other places too -- how great is that for us all!!??

We had three nights in Saundersfoot in a really marvellous hotel with stunning views out ~ and we did loads of beach walks there ~ which were great ... then we went to St Davids but the hotel was a right let-down ~ more up-graded YHA than the luxury spot it billed itself, so only one night there for the discerning tourist

Then two nights in another swish place up on a hillside in Barmouth ~ I surprised myself this morning by doing an impression of a mountain goat up the hills behind the hotel

We came home via Portmerion cos B's never seen it .. and just got home an hour or so ago and now we're both planning family stuff .. me with my brother and sister doing a rota of visiting me here, and B off to see her family in London, Canterbury etc, partly in the company of the one and only Mr K!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have stayed at the Warpool Court Hotel if visiting St.David's!Off to Pembs ourselves next week, so hoping the rain stays away.Glad you enjoyed your jaunts in general - have a good time en famille! Pretentious, moi?!
Celia F.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, did you see any sheep ...... hee hee

Hugs Ruby n Roxy X

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seing you tomorrow. Unfortunately Oliver (Traceyand Pete's lad) was sick overnight so their plans to travel are in question. I could stil be on the train tomorrow. We all went out for a curry last night and Oliver ate his own body weight in food so the suggestion is it could be a case of 'excess' rather than bug. Tracey seemed more fed up about the several loads of washing it created rather than where it came from. I'l let you knwow as the situation develops.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from a very sunny valley!

Had a lovely birthday present from Dad - some great new night ware and a wonderfully soft lounger dressing gown - all with that inspiring motif which we love so much!

with lots of love from everyone here xxxxx

suze said...

hello darling sister and darling wife ..

you two are both so funny!!
- I'll chat to you both on the phone later --

Mark et al have been here all morning, Luke and I painted a garden chair and Tracy and Mark did mowing, hoovering and ironing! They've gone off for a rest!

Later we're getting a Chinese and will play some games together ..

suze said...

hey Celia - hope you too have a great time there - I loved the scenery veyr much indeed .. might post up a few snaps later.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Suze, only just spotted this - it sounds like you had a fabulous time in Cymru! You went to some of my all-time favourite places, St Davids and Barmouth & Portmeirion. :o)
Do you know "Last Letters from Hav" by Jan Morris? I'm just reading it, it's set in a fictional city state in the Mediterranean with some very eclectic architecture, and I keep visualising it as bits of Portmeirion! Fab book.
I hope you're well and keeping so, as well as possible. All the best I. x x