Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunny Sunday

















Sunny day out at Biddulph Grange - feeling loads better - I can hire out this camera to anyone who needs a flattering picture taken - I'm sure I don't look this smooth in real life!





















It was very busy there, so we had to skip the tea shop treats - but in the shop they sell VERY nice cookies with raspberry in which almost qualifies them as a health food .. it does in my book anyrate! *yum*

Anecdote:
Earlier this week I was stressing cos my hands felt really numb and my feet had been extra sore which is a regular side effect of my chemo ( you DO read some dire experiences of this "peripheral neuropathy side-effect) .. so I was getting a bit depressed cos it was getting worse .... I then started wondering "why is it getting WORSE just now? It's a while since the chemo finished. " thus embarking on one of those worse case scenarios: "Is the cancer growing in my spine?" ( the sort of reckless thinking that cancer patients are famous for!)

Later I was talking to my faithful sister about one of my antibiotics - flagyl - which you're advised not to drink with. I mentioned this prohibition and she said that she thought this was cos it magnifies the effect of the booze (and that's a BAD thing!?!?! ) .. On the other hand my dentist had previously told me that the booze ban is cos it can make you sick ....

so I toddled off to netdoctor to get to the bottom of this puzzler ...

Sad to report the drink-ban with flagyl thing is about nausea so I decided to let the cocktail habit rest ~ but I also read that peripheral neuropathy is one of flagyl's main side effects .. YAY
it might be a nuisance but at least I can stop worrying about a tumour in my spine!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey - I'm pleased the doctor put your mind at rest re. side effects.

This might cheer you up: We had a worst case scenario anecdote a few weeks ago. Sarah's ribs were mysteriously sore on one side.


After an evening of full scale panicking and worrying we realised that there had been one particular... erm... 'hug' where I must have squeezed her a little too hard. (Ups.)

Her ribs are fine now.

Oh the joys of having had a brush with cancer.
Big hugs,

Dani xxx

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Glad you were able to enjoy some sun last weekend. More importantly that you are picking up after the infection - must be dreadful. Hopefully you can get that chemo finished now and move on.

Was great to see Brigid at the match in Manchester. Would liked to have spend more time with her but tournaments are always frantic. Sadly playted really well, drew with Spain (ranked 3 in world), England (5th at World Cup), finished with a +8 goal difference, made the highest winning score since 1991 (10-0 v Czech) yet still got relegated due to a duff result v France. That's sport.

Will keep updated on your progress as we do several times a week (just not great to put up comments). Take very good care.

Dave, Leonie and the kids

suze said...

good to hear from you Dave - back in for chemo tomorrow .. not many more to go, all being well!

suze said...

@ dani - haha - you don't know your own strength!

Anonymous said...

Yi yer David, Leonie and the kids

It is so nice to know that you "check in" with the blog.
There are a lot of people who do and also rarely leave messages.

It is so lovely to get a message

with love and kisses to you all xx

Anonymous said...

The photographs are really good did Brigid take them.
When did you get the gear box trouble,sounds like a big job.
Boys came today Joe cut the front and back lawns and Toby made most of our lunch what a treat.
Bye for now L M xxxxxx