Saturday, August 18, 2007

Working Girl

For two days running I've been into work!



















If you enlarge this one ^ you can see our lovely new pot and its fuschias on the wall!




















Results Day
It was great to be in college "as usual" on results day, especially since the dept has sustained our excellent record on results and provided a brilliant service to our students! I really pleased.

It was also good to go in when the focus wasn't on "me" cos everyone is so busy with their own stuff on results day. None the less I chatted to a lot of people and got hugged many times, so I hope I've not picked up any bugs *eek* .

Everyone keeps saying how well I look. I keep saying "Estee Lauder" - lets face it, I was still putting on my lippy to go for the sixth week of the radiation treatment; it is a good disguise! It's good psychology for me, anyrate, to look as normal as possible (.....good job my sister is away and not able to insert cheeky comments at this!)

Interview Day
On Friday we were interviewing for the temporary teachers to cover for Matt and me. It was interesting and engaging. I got a real buzz from talking about what we do in the Department.

One of the interviewees asked me if the college is a happy place to work, and I said yes, particularly because the teachers in the English Dept are very committed to what we do .. e.g. there were four of us there, yesterday, all strictly speaking on holiday! It was lovely to chat with "my" team again and it reminded me of the banter and comraderie that I have been missing this year.

Sukhraj and Celia were both wearing high-heeled, red shoes, so I can report that standards are being maintained at all levels!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,you look great,nice to see you are looking well,be warned Julie hasnt gone away yet,she told me she may go this afternoon .
lots of love to you both
Dad xxx

Anonymous said...

hey you Suze, bravo and a grin to you, tis fun to see you smile so widely and talk about work and just be glad of it all...

my greetings from venezia (how come these buildings dont just sink and drown?)

erĂ­n the montrealer on the road

Anonymous said...

Back at work I bet you enjoyed your couple of days. You look very well on your photographs.
Its been a very wet day here is it this weekend you are in Wales if so have a good time both of you.
The Ts were in Tesco when I went over to get my lotto ticket they may set off for camping tomorrow.
Lots oflove from L M xxxx

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog again seems you were not working just catching up with the A level results, anyway it was something special for you to do and you will have enjoyed meeting everyone.Bye for now L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you smiling and looking happy, even if you just dress up for yourself it makes you feel better! If you look down and dowdy you feel down and dowdy! Odd, but true!

Glad you had fun, keep yer pecker up Pet!

Big hugs, Ruby n Roxy XX

Anonymous said...

you look positively happy and relexed! :-) so business as usual!
Fingers crossed you get as commited people in!
I am on the course all next week so speak soon! Take care and love to B!
Kasia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Yes you look well & I'm sure it was a nice feeling to be back in the work-place. Even as a visitor. I am sure you have missed the environment & hopefully you will be back there one day soon.

Lots of love to you & B. Also to your family & tell your mum I have now seen pic & been on this blogg. Thanks for the phone call cousin Pauline (your mum) yesterday. Confusing! Two Pauline's. Haha. Love to all.

Cousin Pauline (Poe). xx

Anonymous said...

yea gads you must be joking you didn't do the interview contact in PP shoes as in the picture. please say it isn't so