Saturday, October 10, 2009

summer to celebrate

Three years ago, when I first got a cancer diagnosis I was told my tumour was inoperable. But they found a way to shrink the bugger and treated it. Thanks to my medical team we have just had the most marvellous 12 months together, cancer free and very strong.



But I've always known this could happen again. The odds were there from the start. 66% -- as most of you know, these were not good odds. Part of the reason I've worked so hard on my health is so I could be physically strong in the event of secondaries coming back.

Now they are back I am trying to hold onto the wonder of the summer, and here is a photo to remind you all of where we got to: me and my lovely wife on the top of mont ventoux

.. and where I am aiming to be again, next summer:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you, Suze... you're going into it strong, and we're all behind you, urging you on! much love ErĂ­n

suze said...

Hi Erin

Lovely to know you are there. I hope you are keeping well.

Lots of love and thanks

B xx

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for your strength,Suze having prodded your thighs..

into first gear then on Monday if you please.

Jan.


xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey... Thinking of you... be brave and strong duckie x x x Nadge

Unknown said...

I shall be thinking of you - stay as strong as you were
lots of love
Mand x

suze said...

Cheers Mate

Happy Birthday for tomorrow and the very best of luck for Tuesday.

We are looking forward to celebrating with you on Friday

Lots of love

S and B xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue. What can I say? All the very best for tomorrow & all the love I can muster is sent for you from me. I don't know if that sentence was good grammer or not. But you know what I mean. I will be thinking of you & praying for you.

I can't believe you are having an op one week after me. I will say a prayer for you. LOL. Cousin Pauline. xx

jean said...

I'll pray if it helps, Sending my best, most positive vibes over to you, darling.

J x

Anonymous said...

what a loverly photo ...inspirational ...keep it in mind and bloody pedal hard now suze! big hugs. joe says hello and get well quick, like...! esther x

Greg P said...

Well, I'd hoped I wouldn't ever be posting on this blog again. But here I am, so all the best for tomorrow! You've beaten it once and you'll do it again.

Lots of love

Greg xx

Laura said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! xxx