Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hospital Glamour

Went shopping at M n S last week to treat myself to some new pyjamas and a dressing gown. The ones I wore last time are pretty tired and also I'm three sizes smaller, so I would have needed new stuff anyway. I reckon a new bit of luxury will make the fortnightly stays in hospital a little more bearable, so I set off to the shops, giving Primark a wide berth.

It was a good time to go shopping, cos (if you hadn't noticed) it is nearly Christmas and they have got lots more stuff in. I chose some luscious soft stuff in their Autograph range ... warm mink and aubergine colours which I really like.

When I got to the till I thought I'd offer up the gift voucher that people from work had sent me, which was supposed to buy me a few flowers (I'd been told!) In fact there was enough money to pay for the lot. I must admit my eyes filled with tears .. I hadn't any idea there was such a generous gift in the envelope.

I hope they don't mind I didn't spend it on flowers, and it feels very sweet that everytime I'm in hospital I'll have this glamourous gear with me as a reminder of the kindness of the people I work with.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it's Slinky Suzy now is it? As you were out when I rang last week, I didn't get to know when the treatment starts re. visiting etc.
Nowt much to report here, tho' I'm thinking of changing my handle to Radio Times, as ma-in-law keeps ring up to say her tele isn't showing the right programmes - despite the fact that she doesn't know what she thinks she should be watching!
Did you have a good weekend in Llandudno despite the weather?
Love, Celia F.

Anonymous said...

Glad you managed to get some nice stuff from M&S. Doubley nice to know you are so appreciated by work colleagues.
Yes, the other store is hit & miss quality-wise. I bought a cheapy jumper which didn't last a month. So at least M&S sell quality goods.
I'm a charity shop fiend myself. Haha.

Hope your holiday was good Sue.

Lots of love. cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

So will this new designer gear make you a celebrity patient?


Jan

xxxxx

suze said...

I never stopped havin that role to fall back on!

Anonymous said...

I think it's fab you got new pj's and i also think it's fab that youhave something to remind you off if things get tough....
nadge x x x

Cathy said...

Yes , I've mentioned The Long Mynd Hotel before. It's perched up in the hills and commands a fine few of the town below. Andy and David have been in for a drink and were impressed. Mixed reviews on the internet but I'm keeping an open mind.

The new nightwear sounds an excellent idea. I've recently re-vamped my undies drawer getting rid of greying bras and mishapen knickers and jaded nighties repacing them with some lovely pieces from Sainsburys. I was inspired by the kit Madonna wears on the TAKE A BOW video . Amazing how much better it makes you feel.

suze said...

Madonna and I are almost exactly the same age -- but the similarity probably stops there!

Cathy said...

I disagree. You are both extremely hard-working , stylish , confident , suit being blonde , are into fitness / healthy diet etc and look younger than your actual age. I think Madonna has gone too skinny ( like Angelina Jolie ) and this has detracted from her beauty a shame . Sharon Stone looks amazing at 51 . I think the most beautiful celebrity women at the moment are the middle aged ones.

suze said...

bles you cathy! I dont think there is any danger of me getting too thin ... hehe