Friday, November 13, 2009

Weekend plans

Brigid and I are going to have a couple of days by the sea this weekend .. to my favourite: Llandudno ... and our favourite hotel there Osborne House.

We stayed there before for my 50th birthday, and we like it cos the rooms are HUGE, well suites really with lots of antiques to give it a proper "country-house" feel. The room we're having has a bay on the front which allows you to look out down the length of the promenade, and is very close to the pier for a littel stroll out ... even if it is raining.

In fact, to ensure walking in all weathers we have bought ski pants, so there is no excuse, we have warm trousers that are both wind and waterproof ! Yay!

I've had my flu jab and will get my swine flu jab later on in the week next week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Great Orme must be exciting in severe weather. An amazing view at any time really. Have fun, and we will see you next weekend.

Smart hotel, how's the food?

love you

Mark x x x

suze said...

hiya - oh this hotel it slovely. I am sitting in the window looking down the whole length of the front, the sea is in and the clouds are breaking up to some blue and brightness. B has just got back from running for an hour .. she had been the whole way round the Orme from here. In a litle while our breakfast tray will arrive .. I love having a tray. Last night's dinner was lovely, I had a fish cake with lobster, crab and crayfish in it .. think I will have to have the same again tonight too ...

suze said...

ps I didn't know Luke had started a blog --- tell him to write something on it! LOL xxxxx - see you next weekend!

Liz Kirby said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend hon. Enjoy the sun the sea and the food! My big news is I am being fast-tracked to train as a WW leader! TE He

suze said...

Woo Liz --- great! FAST TRACKED!

saffron sparkles said...

How much longer are you there? we were almost at llandudno today as went to drop off our wedding photos in north wales!!

hope you are both having a lovely time xxx

saffron sparkles said...

are you still there? we could meet for coffee??

Cathy said...

Llandudno's lovely. Checking out The Long Mynd Hotel in Church Stretton on 12th Dec - gr8t looking Art Deco place . Will let you know what I think . Could imagine you and Brigid staying there. XX

suze said...

Cathy is this the one you mentioned to me b4?

Sorry to have missed you saffy!