Monday, November 02, 2009

National Trust Fans

Had a good day out at Sudbury Hall with Mark, Tracy and Luke. We found the pub in the village there suited us, The Vernon Arms, which was just the ticket for decent portions of good pub food at reasonable prices. The last time we went to Sudbury we turned the wrong way out of the car-park and ended up having our worst pub-lunch experience ... so we were nervous!)

After lunch the sun shone enough or us to walk around down to the lake at the Hall and through massive flocks of swans and various geese / duck types of birds (see I'm not taking up a new career as a twitcher!)


We had a good dayout. I am also recommending the coffee at the Hall cafe where we enjoyed a giant cafetiere and shared out Tracy's Thorntons mint chocs, hey ho to the diet resolution ... a great complement to the fish and chips I ate in the pub.




I thought I'd post these photos from an earlier jaunt out to Cougthton Court, we've been to a few National Trust places together this year, and sometimes we have a camera with us. This was just at the end of the summer hols.



























5 comments:

Greg P said...

I remember being bored to tears by a school trip to the Museum of Childhood at Sudbury once (I can't remember how old I was though). Sadly the school trip didn't finish in the pub, whereas it sounds like you have better memories of the place now!

Hope the week's started well for you!

Greg xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day out with your family, suze, and love the photos from earlier this year. Remember this Spring, I asked you if you were a birdwatcher ... and got such a definite, "No!". I thought of that, reading this .. it made me smile!

Wishing you all lots of love and luck for the next challenge ..

Anne/guppy xx

Liz Kirby said...

Ex chippy girl says fish and chips are very good for you - Prospective Weight W Leader says - once a year!

suze said...

Ha ha Liz, I only ate the actual fish from inside the batter and sent back most of the chips, so I think it's not the start of a slippery slope!

@ Greg, we didn't go back in the childhood museum this time, but I think you'd find it more interesting now. They have re-vamped it recently. I also suspect it works better when you are older / more nostalgic!

I do like looking at birds, guppy!

Anonymous said...

hey! as a national trust fan I always wanted to go there too! :-)
anyway, looks like you had a nice time and some activity! You look well! :-) Kasia