Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Going In

I might be a bit incommunicado for the next few days -- I'm not on-line in the Hospital (Nuffield charges are crayzee!) tho you can phone me there easily enough, if you want to ..
I dunno if B will up-date .. there might not be much to say .. S had a drip, still has a drip, S is doing more dripping ...
and hopefully no allergic reaction to the Avastin - which is why the doctor has to be on hand the first time you have it .. and why they changed my admission day to gather his "needy" patients at the same point ..

I just realised I never told you about a couple of nice things that happened this week:
Marakesh
Matt and Kasia came to supper on Friday and they bought round the most lovely present, from their holiday in Marakesh. It is a huge cotton (silk?) throw in heart-warming sunny colours that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. We love it .. many thanks...

We also saw their photos via the laptop - which is a good way to get vicarious pleasure ... I'm not that keen on long-distance travel for myself and think photos are a good way to do it!

Woolfie and Rahim
On Sunday we went out for dinner with Woolfie, to the Turkish restaurant, which I think is the first time I've been "out" in the evening for month and months! I love that place, and Woolfie is such a gent (with us, at any rate! hehe)
He had a companion with him who is raising money for medical relief in Kashmir in the aftermath of the earthquake. Rahim. He is a lovely young man, full of energy and total commitment (and success) in raising huge sums to establish a decent hospital and an skills exchange system. When I locate the website I'll post a link.

It was funny cos we actually already knew each other: Rahim being one of those rogue boys who probably doesn't think he was my favourite/best student, cos he used to skip my lessons regularly ... Despite only patchy commitment to English studies he still got into uni with his sciences, and is now working as a radiographer .. hats off to him, he is doing really well and he was a great entertainment over dinner.

edit:
this is the charity Rahim is helping:
http://www.mdauk.co.uk/index.htm

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there suze... just cheering you on for yr time with the drip... remember it is beautiful beautiful chemicals that are going into you, wonderful chemicals that will make you well.... just embrace them with all the love you have and you'll get thru the hard parts of what they do to your systems while they are doing their good stuff!!!
much love to you and to B too!
ErĂ­n, back in Montreal

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue the throw that Matt and Kasia gave you sounds wonderful, and the meal out with Woolfie and Rahim at the Turkish restaurant,was a nice evening for you and Brigid.
I must say its turned into a horible windy wet day I went to T to get a few bits for tea and nearly got blown over coming back, well not really Im a bit to heavy for that.
Looking forward to seeing you both tomorrow late afternoon, then we will see Barbara and Cliff.Lots of love L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

hi, I am glad you liked the present! We had a great evening!
is it a new Turkish resturant advertised with belly dancers? Called Turkish Delight?

I hope your stay in hospital goes very quickly and very smoothly!

Love to you both,
Kasia xxx

Anonymous said...

x x
x x x x
x x
x x
x x
x x
x x
x x
x

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Ms Drippy.

With loads of love,

Jean xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Good luck. Go with the flow, as they say. Think beautiful thoughts & see you soonish.
Love. Cousin Pauline xx

suze said...

hi y'all

lovely to hear from you, and yes, erin, I will be welcoming the stuff into me and hoping that it does its stuff .. embarking on a new regime alwasy seems a bit daunting, but I'm sure it'll be OK once we get into a routine with it .. I'll be off very shortly ..
tho they seem a bit muddled re my admission time, I was told midday on the phone, but I called to check, as it was later than that in the past, and sure enough I'm down for 1600 hours ..

hey ho - it's sunny so I'll go for a bit of a walk first I guess!

xxx

Ali said...

hope all goes well xx thinking of you

Anonymous said...

With the ongoing drip drip drip I think 'Lizzie Dripping' has to be better than 'Tonka One' - shame it sounds so gormless though.

suze said...

"real tough toys for real tough BOYS," I believe! Make sure you bring plenty of sweets1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'd put up a better fight these days.

suze said...

tsk - I think you've never been that keen on sweets -- even now your pantry has sweets in, in a way that I cannot ever do! LOL

Anonymous said...

They were just blobs of sugar. But they were mine - before they were ours - before they were yours - before they strangely disappeared.
Mistery Sisters way before the brothers came on the scene.