Tuesday, February 06, 2007

snow!

Yes, SNOW!!!!
we have had some - but it didn't last long and it is very bright and blue again now.

We went for a little trip out to TG yesterday, and bought some lovely big primroses in a pot which were surprisingly cheap. Luckily B put them in the shed rather than straight out to get snow on them, so they will be nice to look at when the snow has passed.

I've had a visit today from Pam who works in the PE dept at college, she bought me some alternative T bags, a jar of free trade honey and a pile of books, so she's got her eye in on a convalescent's needs!

It was good to mull over a few things; Pam and I started at college together (along with Andy K and Cathy to name two other famous recruits of that year!) 16 years to reflect on! haha ...


Now they are nine.
Here is a picture of my lovely nephews tucking into their birthday Chinese Takeaway (yesterday)...









It is wierd cos when they were born I hadn't planned to zip down there to see them, but then I just HAD to go and here is a pic of them within hours of their arrival to this world:


look - how tiny they were back then
(Joe on the left, Toby on the right)




.. now the boot is on the other foot, and Julie is wondering whether I will need her here when we go back to the surgeon tonight. I'm hoping not, cos I'm hoping there will be no "shock" news ..

but it is a comfort to know that if we need her Julie would be on the train and with us in a blink
xxx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow goodness, it was frosty here first thing.
Just eating a cream cake Dad brought in from Tesco see its not me that leads him into temptation.
Keeping our fingers crossed for good news tonight,lots of love to you both L M xxxxx

Kate said...

Is that Pam Hughes that came to see you? She's one of the best teachers I've ever had!

The snow was lovely. I hope we get a huge drift this week but it looks like it might just miss us. I bet we just get filthy sleet.

See you tomorrow. xx

suze said...

haha kate - yes it was - and she reads the blog .. so you can be sure your eulogy will get home!

Anonymous said...

Hope all went well with the check up. Update needed, please!

Jean xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

And about B's hair in that photo ..... :)

Jean xx

Anonymous said...

Me and the car were ready - and although I'm not needed today I'm still on amber alert!!!

suze said...

right - new blog entry on its way .. you can step down form amber-alert Julie, I think we're OK!

as for the hair .. I think it's a trick of the light!

Anonymous said...

You think that hair is bad - believe it or not I've evidence of much worse than that in other photos!

Jean I'm always "open to offers" for me to show them to you ;-)

Anonymous said...

Just ran through one or two comments not only was Stan from Stoke so was Robbie Williams he lived up the road from us,when we lived in Tunstall.Bye for now L M xxxxxxxx
Forcast snow here tomorrow.xxxxxx

suze said...

haha
My mum doing her bit to put Stoke on the map ... dont forget that guy that does the sports-comedy thing "They think it's all over" .. but I HAVE forgotten his name! LOL

Kate said...

Nick Hancock. He supports the wrong team too.

And there is also Slash, Mark Bright, Robbie Earle, the captain of the Titanic and Anthea Turner. Woot!

Anonymous said...

Good god didnt know Soke was so well represented all these people love L M xxxxxxx

suze said...

there is also Robbie Earle's sister Winsome, who is in my personal hall of fame as a great beauty therapist!