Sunday, October 07, 2007

CarMan

Matthew Bourne rocks.

I went out last night to the theatre, the first time all year I've been to a show of any kind. I was determined to go cos CarMan is a show I've seen before and absolutely LOVED and wanted to see again, especially since it was on locally.

I think part of the reason I've not been anywhere else, either sport or theatre that I'd usually do is the fear of picking up bugs in a big crowd, or not wanting to sit still for that long, really .. but it was sooo worth the risk.

CarMan is a superb show, highly entertaining. That must be about the fourth version of Carmen I've seen now ... cos I've seen it "straight" and in a "film within a film" version and also On Ice! This dance thing blows me away ... really maximises the drama of the music ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey you want to see dancing that maximises the drama full stop you need to get to the Weymouth Pavilion in a few weeks

Anonymous said...

Cor blimy Julie what are you up to at thePavilion.
Your Dad Likes Carmen Susan.
Been to weymouth today it was very warm on the front not many people
here now which is a shame after the awful summer.
Just going to get tea the rest of the lamb and vegies.
Forgot about the step monitor do they sell them in Boots.bye for now L M xxxxx
.

suze said...

haha - I'll be at the pavilion with the video cam dont u worry

I reackon you can get a stepper almost anywhere mum: Argos, sports shops, and I'd guess Boots!

Anonymous said...

Carmen! One of my favourites. Have you ever seen the old film Carmen Jones? If not then I highly recommend it; beautifully done. Something tells me you would like it. Take care. Christine

Anonymous said...

Hello to you both its been a right wet day,so I gave inside the wardrobes a good polish,gosh taking out the clothes and shoving them back was hard work.
Fetched the boys from school,the rain went off at about 3-30.
Just watched that prog about very tall people, Im allways going on about being a bit short but I wouldnt like to be as tall as them. Bye for now L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sending loving thoughts to you and B especially for tomorrow and Friday. Aunty B

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today
love mand

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both and wishing you all the very best for tomorrow. Even if it is bad news , don't despair.Remember the awful build up to my ante-natal scan 6 years ago to find out of my pregnancy was viable. It wasn't. The baby had died and the medical experts said no more babies for me , I had a condition which made it too dangerous. You may recall my tears in the staff room and you taking me to a room to grieve in private.Yet here I am with Aanisah and Faris, the happy , healthy abies they said I couldn't have.... I guess life finds a way.

Anonymous said...

Lots of love and good vibes for tomorrow Susan,we will be thinking about you.Lots of love to dear Brigid who as been so kind to you. Bye for now L M xxxxx