Friday, October 12, 2007

clock watching

aye Julie - clock watching, well today at any rate.

Yesterday was lovely .. the sun was shining and we went out towards Tittesworth but then decided to ring the changes and go UP and walk along the Roaches instead. Good decision, very fresh and bright with lovely views out all around. Pity I had no camera with me, and even more outrageous: my STEPPER STOPPED. So all that yomping and no mechanical evidence for my fitness blog!

Good news - the tea rooms up there have re-opened. "Under new management" but nothing else has changed and we sat munching our hearty food and looking out onto hovering kestrels and a gallumping hare. B has recently seen a huge bird of prey up there, and the manageress says it's a peregrine falcon which perches on her wall sometimes.

It's enough, this sort of thing .. there is no more wonderful thing in life than to be able to be outside with your bestest mate and seeing the natural beauty in our own back-yard. One of the other women in there was saying to some ppl from Essex, "Oh I take it for granted,living here..." and B and I looked at each other and I know we both thought "Well, we dont ... " cos we never have, we always blather on about how great it is here, and get great pleasure from the area we live in.

Meanwhile, I ate loads ... on the CT scan appointment it says "Eat and drink normally" so I felt sort of obliged!

The scan thing was running pretty much on time and the RMO found a vein for the drip-thing really easily so that was all fine. We also bumped into Ann, the fellow-patient whom I talk to quite often in the Nuffield. Ann's bowel cancer started years ago. She has had various liver and lung surgery since, and is on "maintenance" chemo now. She is a very nice person and interesting cos she is my main source of knowledge about how this cancer can spread and take over your life .. but also my point of reference for how one can live with cancer, as she does.

I hope I don't have to go through what she does, but I also think she is inspiring as to how it IS possible to "live your life" with it.

I'm not sure what we'll do today .. it is pretty grey and rainy. I don't take this as an omen but I do think hill-walking is not on today's agenda. B is out running just now, and when she comes back we will decide. I might need a bit more retail therapy!

My appt this afternoon is at four, tho funnily Ann said she was expecting to see him about 4 pm too, and I doubt he is going to do a joint session! I'll update this as soon as I can after we get to see him.

It will be so great if today's update can be the end of this particular chapter and that this here blog can be put into mothballs for a while, indeed, mothballs for ever would be good ...

I think it's served its purpose well and I really do feel the kindness of everyone who reads it, especially the ppl who comment, cos comments keep me cheerful ... tho I know plenty of others read without ever mastering the comments thing, and that is fine too!

fingers crossed, then, folks, and thanks for all the texts and oteh messages of kind thoughts that we will take with us to Dr Adab today
xxxxx

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very difficult typing with your fingers crossed, Suze. All the best and a big hug from the Big Softie at Sixth Form.

suze said...

haha
maybe that's why I make so many typos!?

avid said...

love and hugs

Jx

Anonymous said...

It's so reassuring to know that in the present situation you have not lost your appitite... :)xxxxx

Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts endlessly as this day goes on, and our love will be with you and around you what ever news you share with Dr Adab later

Anonymous said...

Absolutely smashing post, suze, and of course lots of love me too.
anneinbristol x

Anonymous said...

Rest assured I'm "eating normally" for you too. *Big, chocolate-cake-filled-mouth grin*.

Endless mwah's

xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I was feeling a sense of sick anticipation - but I forced down a couple of pitta in the name of sisterly solidarity

Anonymous said...

As it nears 3 o'clock the pitta have solidified

Anonymous said...

Sue it's nearly 4 o'clock and my heart is with you.

Anonymous said...

Like Julie I feel sick.....i can't distract myself anymore and I'm not going to switch the computer off again
Mand x x

avid said...

I've been thinking of you all day, but particularly since 4 o'clock

Jx

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT THAT THE NEWS I MOST WANTED TO HEAR IN MY LIFE RELATED TO THE BIRTH OF TOBY AND JOE AND THEIR HEALTHY ARRIVAL INTO THIS WORLD. SEEMS I MAY HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Suze and praying the news is good.

Cherrysoda xxx