Monday, December 11, 2006

health farm day 1

This is the first day of strictness and YES -- it's troo - I DID re-join the gym, as hinted in previous thread! I loved it -- it is good to go back to a familiar place. I did an aerobics class in the morning - dont worry - I don't over-do it, just bob about at my own pace!

I met a different type of woman here, ie the type who doesnt have a job and have been going to these classes together for 5 years, since the club opened!

Strangely, they were very friendly and invited me to have coffee after the class, which had never happened the whole two years when I was a member there before, just going to after-work classes or swimming ...

Even weirder was the fact that one of them had seen us in Cafe Davide on Saturday, after we'd heard Dr Adab's good news .. considering we were drinking coffee and big balloons of brandy before noon, and Brigid kept throwing her arms round me or lying with her head on my knees, I'm VERY surprised she wanted to say "hi " to me at all!

(That's the first coffee and alcohol I've had since June! I enjoyed it, it was our celebration .. but i'm not going to make a habit of it ... )

Anyrate -- I was so enthused at the whole idea of aerobics that I went back to do a cycling class in the afternoon ... where I did it at my own pace again...

I also saw my dentist there -- his wife died from cancer some years ago and he raises loads of money for cancer charities every year .... it's the first time I've ever been kissed by a dentist!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Hmm... you know what I'm thinking? That there needs to be some fine exercise-balance in the world and if you're starting to do more then I should start to do less... it's for the good of the planet, I tell you.

Not that it is physically possible for me to do less right now...

Anyway, sorry my commenting has been non-existant... I shall endeavour to come here much more now and keep you amused with witty tales...

I really am *so* happy for you and B, y'know...

xx

suze said...

hey bez -- maybe I'll have to do your fund-raising mission! Have you been able to do ANY training since you hatched the plan?

Anonymous said...

hi, I am glad you have started the gym! maybe it will motivate me to do something like this?! ech, no! I will stick to the walking! :-)
Nothing wrong with a bit of celebratory alcoholic beverage is there?!
Hope to see you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

I am just dashing out, but I couldn't resist a quick post to say how amazing wonderful this recent news is. The last few posts have been an absolute delight to read. I'm so glad things are going well, I can't tell you how much.

Anonymous said...

uuum - with the rate at which Suzi is training I'm seriuosly worried that I'll keep up with her when we next go out cycling.

Go girl!

suze said...

hahaha she REALLY is worried, cos one time (when I was super-fit) I actually beat her up a hill in Scotland .. this "one-off" event has scarred her self-image as queen of the mountains and she lives in fear of me snatching the crown from her ..

Which reminds me, when my sister was looking at our photos of me and B touring the Outer Hebrides on our bikes she says to B "Oh, you're so fit" and says to me "you look like a pillow" -- excuse me!!!! that "pillow" did the exact same 200 miles of tough terrain the super-fit miss did!
*tsk*

suze said...

PS - AND on that touring holiday my balance went off again (which made the whole being on a bike thing a bit more tricksy than usual!!) AND I broke my finger in the first week -- obvious endurance training for current troubles ..

B says it was nearer 300 miles we did that holiday ..

Anonymous said...

I am too cruel how could I snigger at my beautiful sister - whatever she chooses to wear. Especially given my own striking lack of style.

suze said...

ah but you've got some christmas crackers lined up - under my close supervision, of course ..

ps I go that thing you asked me to get from my local contact!

Anonymous said...

Whats that then notmouse trap J asked me to get it last night, then when we got it this morning John had already fetched it,Hey Ho another trip to town to take it back.Lots of love L M xxxxxxx