Thursday, March 08, 2007

superhuman!

following on from Mark's comment on the previous thread - oh I dont mind you portraying me as super-human, and generally all this stuff doesn't get me down, but I'm not going to pretend it's all hunkydory all the time ... sometimes I feel a bit sad and certainly the chemo makes me feel battered and, well lets face it, poisoned!

Part of the "sadness" is an effect of losing my ovaries and hormones to the cancer .. so hopefully the progress made on getting my HRT will help me there anyway. I've got to go back into the hospital today to deal with part of that as a minor surgical procedure.

Yesterday was lovely .. I was a lot less poisoned feeling for a start! I went to my GP again .. tralalala we're all on first name terms up there ... and then I had a couple of hours at Woolfie's house. He is such a good listener ... or at any rate let me talk almost non-stop for the whole time!

Sam them came to whisk me off for lunch. The Lounge was MASSED out so we had to revert to plan B - Fat Cats,which I still like - haven't been in there for months. Since I'm supposed to be avoiding food poisoning (and not really eating out!!) I decided that CHIPS would be the best thing to have to eat .. potatoes aren't a know carrier of nasty bugs and they are cooked at very high tempertature, and probably just scooped from wire basket to plate without human contact. This is a great excuse for eating chips, eh!

Me and Sam had a great talk about all sorts including religious ideas and I took her round to Anadi's to get a book about Yogananda. I hope she likes it!

Sam has also bought me and B a lovely present -- a "pamper day" at a Marriot spa which is valid for over a year so we can go and have a luxury day when the medical treatments are all over .. how cool is that??!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, looks like you had a great day! The pamper day sounds devine!
I am off to town today to meet a couple of Polish friends and speak the native lingo so looking forward to that!
Take care,
Kasia xx

Anonymous said...

Pamper days should be available on the NHS, and certainly BUPA. What a delightful and thoughtful gift.
I hope once the hormones kick in what seems so black now will revert to gray, or even white again. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to point out that in the event of harmful bacterial spores jumping out of a fresh salad, I also opted for the chips. It was a difficult choice to have to make, being on the most hardcore diet, but y'know... sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

And re. the book... I can't leave it alone, having already found myself with a growing queue of people looking to borrow said literature. I feel positively enlightened (and very popular) already.

:)

Anonymous said...

cheers hun!!!!
just was reading ur comments about our eventful nite out it was a great night out.It was nice seeing you too. Hope you re chemo goes well and you ll be making a good recovery very soon just stay strong.-rahim

suze said...

You see Sam, this is the selfless dedication I need from my pals, thank-you so much.. I've started to re-read the book.
I think my gyne doctor was impressed with my choice of literatuer .. and he recommends us to also read Depak Chopra and something by Herman Hesse on his experiences in India.

Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure my dear, never a chore.

Strangely enough, I read a bit of Chopra not that long ago. I think it was a print out of a lecture he gave about human consciousness and self-perception. I can't remember exactly what it said now I'm ashamed to say (especially as it was only short extract)but the general flavour, off the top of my head, being Chopra's examination of an underlying "reality" that exists across both space and time - one that combines both physical/material reality with a more cosmo-scientific reality. You'll note a pattern in my interests yet again here(!), but I seem to remember him also talking about the need to strike a balance in life and having the ability to choose between these variant 'layers' of our existence.

In fact, I've re-interested myself.... I'll see if I can find where it was from and keep you posted.

PS. Love the sequins, dah'l... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, this looks like it.

"The Cosmic Mind & The Submanifest Order of Being" Deepak Chopra, M.D.

"In this lecture, Deepak Chopra discusses the connection between the brain and the mind, and the controversy over what that connection is. Dr Chopra reflects on the fact that, as a physician, he was programmed to believe that the brain is the source of thought, but that it's becoming more and more evident, that that's not the case. Rather, the brain can be thought of as the hardware that the consciousness uses. But where is the software? It's coming from the archetypal information that plays a role in the background of our daily waking life as well as during our sleep. Beyond this personal and collective submanifest domain is a more universal domain that contains just about everything that has ever existed or that ever will exist. Chopra makes the point that consciousness is the ultimate reality, and it manifests both as the soul and universal spirit, which then slowly gives rise to both individual and cosmic intelligence. The intent of the soul is to just remember three things: to know; to keep manifesting as physical existence; and to experience love, or unity consciousness."

Don't know about getting the transcript which is what I read part of, as I can only seem to find audiobooks through Amazon. If you're interested though, leave it with me.

suze said...

I love this metaphor of universally availble software .. does Bill Gates know!

I am interested in reading more by Chopra .. it's sort of been on my "to do" list for while

Anonymous said...

Ahh, a trusty "To Do" list.

No. 1 on mine is to start doing things on the bloody list. *Ahem*