Friday, September 07, 2007

Birthday Girl


Morning.

As my dad's electronic card said -- "How old are you?"
"Eeeeeeekkkkk .. time to start lying about your age!"

Although, really, I prefer the Gloria Steinam approach: when told that she didn't "look her age" she retorted, "This is what 50 looks like"

... (tho I'm not 50 yet and that's not a lie!)

My plan for today is to go to Manchester (on the train) and spend a couple of hours with "my mate Mand". We first met each other on our first day of secondary school, so it's always our "anniversary" at this time of year too! She has been my mate for 37 years, and we STILL find things to talk about!

B will collect me off the train and we'll come home and have a cocktail or two ... while I open my cards and pressies, she has bought me lots of things and wrapped them all up really sweetly!

There are lots of cards here already too. It seems that many of you have been super-organised this year and got early posting done.

We will probably have a Chinese delivered for our meal, crispy duck and pancakes I reckon ... sounds good to me!

Lots of love and thank-you so much to my lovely family and friends for your kind thoughts, support and love today,

and everyday ...

you mean the world to me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Happy Birthday! You deserve to have the best day ever. Enjoy Manchester & your time with friends.

I'm back from holiday & life will resume as normal no doubt, as happens. The weather was beautiful & it was quite a change from the normal run of things. Take care. Love to you & yours. xx

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a fantastic day Sue the plan of action sounds wonderful. To know that you are loved is such a powerful feeling that it can't help to put a spring in your step (despite your increasing age and at times questionable pp footwear)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday - and remember: for a head of lettuce you are well past your prime, but for a mountain you are only just beginning...

Hugs & love
The Big Softie at 6th Form

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dearest! Enjoy your day - and dont drink too many lemon drops! Lx

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday and many joys, you young sprout you!
erin xo

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Greg. xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Susan,

Its been such a long time since we spoke, Ive just had a quick read of some of the posts...

Hope things are not too bad for you.

Have a fab birthday and weekend!!!

love Kieran
xxxxx

suze said...

yay Keiron, my mum will be pleased .. r u on facebook?

Anonymous said...

I arent on facebook, but, ive been asked by a few to get it so what the heck...Soon i shall have it :)