Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Plans


This (slightly out of focus shot!) shows SOME of the bouquet sent to me by my college friends. There were more roses than this and LOTS of pink lilies which I split up and spread about the house. The smell is lovely, and in fact, even the roses have a scent, which is unusual for shop-bought ones! I am very grateful for these and all my other presents. Thank-you!
I've continued to see lots of people. We saw James, Chris and Woolfie on Saturday, then Sam came round later in the afternon. In the evening Andy and David came and we went for our meal at Bella Napoli. They were madly busy in there but it is a great place for good food and Pepe gave us a free tipple of limoncello at the end and a bottle of Prosecco to take away .. which makes you feel like he values our custom!

On Sunday I was predictably tired, but managed a stroll round the Italian Gardens and a pop-in to Kasia's on our way back.

Yesterday I cooked a simple Italian meal for Azrini and today I am awaiting the arrival of Ann from Bristol who is staying up here for a couple of nights and we are going to be tourists .. which is a thing I like to do ..

PS ... I recently up-dated the other blog (take heart) if you've stopped checking it due to its static mood for the past few weeks!
xxxxx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing this cos my mum keeps saying it's not working properly

Anonymous said...

where as it seems it IS working ...

Anonymous said...

Nah... its not working..

Anonymous said...

Hi. Glad you had a good weekend. The flowers look lovely.
Hope you are still in good spirits & feeling positive.
Lots of love. Cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers, sounds as if you had a lovely birthday and were thoroughly spoilt which is as it shold be.

Gladd you liked our card! I saw it in the shop and immediately thought of you ... hee hee

Enjoy pottering around the Potteries Duck

Big hugs Ruby n Roxy XX

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are absolutly lovely!! just like you!!

I now have a facebook, but, i have no idea how you get onto it...

Sooo if you do know....tell meee :D

I have a myspace if that helps??

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan we are home from the caravan it was beautiful at Lyme this morning but its a bit iffy here now.
Loveley flowers pleased you had a nice birthday,and a good time with your friends. Bye now want to see if this thing works xxxxx

Anonymous said...

wonderful flowers our hospital has banned flowers on the grounds that the water gets mank - cleaners don't have it in their role to change the water and so the wonder of giving and receiving such bounty has been cut. I expect to get some flowers from the boys any time soon as the flower shops will be selling off old stock.

Anonymous said...

Belated gleetings
from the
Hedgehog father
XXXXXX

Kate said...

I. Love. Prosecco.

If it was pink, I might be more jealous than I already am.