Saturday, September 08, 2007

There was a miner, forty-niner

So here I am, a 49-er!

My siblings will remember us playing that tune on the little electronic organ we used to have! LOL

I enjoyed my trip to M/C and seeing Mand yesterday, but was, quite frankly SHOCKED at how tired it made me. I get complacent about my energy levels cos I do *so* very little and in such small amounts that I didn't realise how big a deal this trip out was.

I was absolutely shattered and had to doze when I got back, couldn't face any cocktail (I know .. very hard to believe) and fell asleep in front of the fire by 9.30! Still, we enjoyed our chinese meal and B put the massage table up so I got a top-class neck and back massage to relax me .. which was lovely!

Today we have a few pals popping in this afternoon and we are going with Mr K and David to the Italian tonight ... hope I don't nod off into the minestrone!

I had lots of lovely cards and pressies to open yesterday, special thanks to the THREE people who sent me cards with pink shoes on them ... lovely!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carry on having a lovely birthday, suze, and all good wishes for this year!

anneinbristol x

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,this is to see if thhe blog is working.
Your mum says it isntso here goes
Love Dad xxxx

Anonymous said...

ps al though it as worked ,your mum still says it isnt .
so you will have to waite and see,if you get one of your MUM.
Dad xxxx

Anonymous said...

Cheeky .......Whats he on about,L M xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan just a quickie before I get the tea.
Would just like to say Hello Kieron I thought you had emigrated you have been so quiet, pleased you are back, hope you got your car sorted out.
The photos are great the pressys all look exciting, but what about that beautiful baby in the pram, what a sweety.
Going to get the tea now love L M xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

wow, impressive stock of birthday cards there! you are very popular woman! :-) those blue dotted bowls are made in Poland if am not mistaken? :-)
thanks for coming yesterday and lovely plants nd sweets to indulge myself!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Glad you had a lovely birthday + cards & pressies.

I guess days out + travelling can get a bit tiring but it was obviously worth while.

Just relax now & take it easy. Lots of love. Cousin Pauline. xx

Anonymous said...

Look at you miss popular!!

Glad your birthday was good tho, And falling asleep by the fire doesnt sound too bad....

Shame about the lack of cocktails though eh??

Take care

xxx