Friday, September 15, 2006

Cancer Blog starts here!

It is only the fourth day since I heard the news about my cancer. I'm not sure if using a blog is a good idea or not - but I feel drawn to it.. I'm gonna use this old one to save setting up a new one!

Yesterday's funniest quote - demonstrating some of the serious side-effects of cancer -- B and I out for a walk up the lane, jogging back (gently, you understand!) and I come to a grinding halt "What is going on? I ate carrot sandwich for lunch and I am running UP HILL .." something wrong there, surely!

Yesterday's most serious thought: Someone who doesn't know me very well said he thought I was "putting a brave face on it" .. erm, no I am NOT doing that ... what you are seeing IS my face, and when/if I get upset or down you will see that face too, cos I'm not one to hold back on my feelings! But at the moment, this is my face ..
I'm not feeling ill, I'm having a good time keeping in touch with everyone and I am being blessed with kind thoughts and love from lots of delightful people. I don't know what the future will bring, and I am a right wimp with pain, but my dad (thanks dad - hope you dont mind me quoting you!) said it best :
I know you will get better, your willpower and determination are some of your stronger points, being a Toft first means you do the right thing and don't give in till you have won.

I think he is right.

Where I am today: I managed to get an almost full night's sleep and feeling fine. Will go to town for an hour later - maybe walk up there for the exercise and swap the books I bought the other day that I already have on the shelf!
Then Matt is coming round after work but with his health problems we probably wont be able to go for a walk :)



No comments: