Friday, September 29, 2006

Get Well Banner


BANNER
Yesterday I got this banner through the post. It is a re-cycled gift from the Mistery Brothers - Joe made it for Toby when he had a broken arm. It worked for him cos his arm is mended now, and it seems tailor made for this space. I've decided to pin up all my cards too.. just like Toby did. At times like these I find 8 year olds a great inspiration .. and I can hardly wait to see them tomorrow.

PRESSIES
In fact, yesterday was a good day for pressies - I had a big bouquet and two pottery angels from the students in 1E - my lovely tutor group. I was very touched by that. Bless 'em.

Below are some pics of other lovely flowers I've had in the last couple of weeks. I get great pleasure from flowers and I particularly like these strange orange ones that Mr Kettle sourced .. (they are too House Doctor to just be "bought")

I have also advised a couple of ppl who wanted to get my a pressie to give a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support instead. I will certainly be using that charity in the future, so it is a good option to support them and me at the same time.

If you are "up 'anley duck" it is very easy to donate to them, cos they have a big collection-wall thing just inside the main entrance to the Potteries Centre.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi susan

i like the new banner and the flowers are really nice too

i am in the LRC...supprisingly writting my text transformation for ENGLISH!!! so you see, i do do work, i just like to take breaks.....OFTEN lol

hope your feeling bright today

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Morning!
The banner looks fantastic!
Your house must look very colourful at the moment! :-)

James said...

Lurvly flowers them.

And the banner is amazing - fit for a best aunt.

suze said...

@ jean - oh yes - "lost in the post" in close proximity to that heavily loaded "side" where students' homework is always left (maybe you have to be a teacher to understand that -- but kids are forever saying "I left it on the side" when you ask them for their homework!)

@ James - actually I'm NOT favourite aunty anymore B has surpessed me
.. Didn't I tell you the last time we were in hotel with the Mistery Brothers they spent the first few meal times vying to sit next to me, and then on the last day we go for breakfast and the "special seat" between them has been bagged for Brigid.
"Oh" I say "what's this?"
Toby responds "Yeah, you're not Celebratory Aunty anymore!"
Oh how are the mighty fallen.

I'm now culitvating a new role as Celebratory Patient, and so far I seem unrivalled in that.

James said...

LOL, yes you did mention that too me... you'll always be the best aunty to me ;) Sorry B!