Monday, September 25, 2006

Carry-On with the Cable

haha - classic "carry-on" comedy moment this morning when the NTL guy arrives to fix up the cable for my trashy day-time TV and new phone deal ... I am only dressed in a towel from the bath! I offered to go and get dressed but he prefered to get on with finding out where the cables are to go. He is working away as I type.

I had a good night's sleep, with Brigid sleeping on the floor at the foot of my bed like a medieval retainer, as we are forbidden to share the space while my poison-chemo is still coming out of me. It tastes vile in my mouth and is making me a bit queasy - but only mild, and quite manageable so far. I feel a bit less tired than yesterday and may be able to do a bit of work later.

A2 Lang students - check out the ENB4 page on the college intranet - I updated it a bit yesterday. Let's get this coursework licked - so far I've seen 7 proposals, and as far as I know there are 35 of you 20%.... well done to the 20% who've got started, but come on the rest of you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think he was crawling around your feet looking for cables?!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you feel better! Hopefully this will continue!
What work?! I thought you are busy blogging!! :-)

Anonymous said...

OK here is a funny story about The big C if that is really possible. When I taught at Ridge Danyers there was a cocky young public school boy type who used to roll in 5 minutes before his Lit class, select a poetry book and choose a poem at random and teach the poem completely unprepared. One morning he came unstuck. The poem he had chosen mentioned 'The big C'. In the heat of battle and under pressure he told his students the big c was the clitoris an interpretation which he thought 'seemed to fit'!!! (I'd like to meet some of his ex-girlfriends!)He seemed quite embarrased when I explained it to him. I did have a look for the poem but can't remember the author.

Matt

Anonymous said...

You make me smile with your urging the A level students on from your hospital bed! Also you in a towel whilst some bloke wanders about searching out wiring. Made me think of this holiday when the mini-bar man let himself into our room without knocking and surprised me putting some slap on - naked. I couldn't stop laughing; he looked absolutely terrified. At least you didn't frighten your work man off as I did mine. :) Continue to take care of yourself, my dear. Christine

Anonymous said...

Hiya

sorry to hear you were/are feeling queezy, hope you manage to get a good nights sleep tonight.

did you get the cable fixed? :P

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with this blog and with how you can concentrate on your students when you have all that pudding around? Even a whiff of a mars bar and my students get forgotten. Your card was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight - thanks. Will email you shortly. Love Sandie xx