Wednesday, September 27, 2006

family

My folks arrived about mid-day on Tuesday and swung (swang?) into action - mum has ironed every piece of bedding and nightwear in the place and bought a million pounds worth of anti-bacterial wipes. I am pleased about the ironing cos I am always such a "princess and pea" (even when I am well) it strikes me that one advantage of being ill is to get everything ironed so it feels lovely and smooth Thanks mum!

I feel quite a bit brighter this morning than I did yesterday. Julie says you can't predict how the effects of the chemo will pan out over the time - but I am hoping that I will have some energy for when she brings the Mistery Brothers up at the weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:O Your an english teacher, you should know what words to use!!!

hope your feeling still bright.

look forward 2 reading tomorrows

xx

suze said...

Aye Keiran - but don't you agree that irregular past-participles can be a bit foxing? I've got a worksheet about them in college, but not to hand for easy ref.

I hope you are spending as much time on ENGLISH sites as you are in this blog, my dear!

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't confuse Kieran with the big language words Suze ;-)

Glad to hear you're feeling brighter anyway and that your family are spoiling you rotten - quite rightly!

Chin up =)

Charlotte x

suze said...

@Jean - hmmm -- I've been back through the settings and dunno what is stopping your posts - tho how you think I could try to control YOU is a puzzler to me! Can you find the relevant bit behind the scenes?

@ charlotte -- I know - it was show-offy - BUT, was it as show-offy as Jean correcting his punctuation???
I hope this blog isn't going to get too prescriptive!

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is what parents are for! Doing things for us! hehe! I hate ironing! I am glad my mum is coming soon I have plenty jobs lined up for her in the garden.

I am glad you are feeling better. I am sure that when
darker moods gets you you could select something upbeat from the 44 days of music you have on your posh laptop! :-))

Anonymous said...

Fine!!! What is this, pick of Kieran day?? Eh Eh???

I'm always spending time doing English Susan!

Charlie i will kill you tomorrow!!!

XXX

Anonymous said...

Haha, there's something oddly satisfying about an English Language teacher typing 'swang'!!
If it isn't the right word... it damn well should be!
Lots of love.x x x